Another Reflex v Edge question

harddockharddock Posts: 162 Baller
With both price similarly which would be the best choice for my 17 son? He is currently on Radar double boots and wants to do the fixed with Riley real combo. Many of you have used both. Which is the preferred binding? The choice is the Reflex or the Edge.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,208 Administrator
    There is no right answer. The biggest difference from my perspective is the boot itself. Some people prefer the reflex and some people prefer the edge.

Mechanically technically it's really all the same

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• ballsohardballsohard Posts: 247 Baller
    What are the fit differences?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,208 Administrator
    it is line Nike vs New Balance. It depends on your foot.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

edited July 27
    Which binding is skinnier and which one is wider?
  • jayskijayski Posts: 760 Mega Baller
    @ballsohard I would say the Edge/HO would be a little wider in the forefoot, it also has a flatter sole than the Reflex. The Reflex supershell 4 is a more rigid slightly taller binding and transmits movements greater than the Edge/Ho. This can be tempered with different liner thicknesses and buckle tightness somewhat
    ballsohard
  • harddockharddock Posts: 162 Baller
    Ok, RE Reflex, now there is a grey 4.0 a white, and a black, each with stiffness differences. Which is the preferred version for most slalom skiers?
    @harddock either the black or the white, most people have trouble with the Supershell.
    Thanks ballsohard, I don't really have a try before you by option here and don't want make an expensive mistake.
    ballsohard
    @harddock I am using the white cuff reflex shell right now and I love it! With either the white cuff or black cuff you won't go wrong!
    Went with the Edge and Wileys rear boot. Just tried today in course and noticeable improvement!
    Eljaybee
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    I’m my experience the edge bouts run small