Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are manufacturers all measuring skis the same?

MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 250 Baller
Lots of old threads on ski length and this has probably been answered before but my question is if all the companies are measuring length the same. At 155 - 160 lbs I'm top end of most 66 weights and low end of 67. Coming off of 66.5 S2. Been shopping mostly looking at 66's. Just had opportunity to ski 67 Connelly GTR and it does not feel long at all, and raw length is exactly the same as the S2. So from my chair it seems more like a 66.5. I brought the 67 GTR home and have been very pleased. Figured I'd prefer a tad long anyawy if I ever slow down from 34. Yea I get that coming of a 66.5 no surprise it shouldn't feel big but again didn't know if there were known differences in how co's are measung the skis, or if there was concensus that modern ski's are not "feeling longer" even if they are a bit. Appreicate any feedback. Still dialing the GTR in but this thing really holds.

Comments

• Pat MPat M Posts: 666 Crazy Baller
    Some manufactures measure in a straight line tip to tail, some measure along the contour of the ski from tip to tail. And some just round up on sizes. It may be actually 66.5 or 66.75 but they call it 67
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,629 Mega Baller
    Ya not at all. Some measure tip to tail along the bottom of the ski others tip to tail straight line. Others I think just wing it.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 808 Crazy Baller
    Coincidentally, I went from a 66.5" S2 to a 2018 67" Connelly GT and noticed the same thing. The 67" may be a smidge shorter!
    MDB1056
  • Mikenelson1Mikenelson1 Posts: 3 New Baller
    I have heard that you can go up a size with the new GT-R.
  • Mikenelson1Mikenelson1 Posts: 3 New Baller
    I have heard that you can go up a size with the new GT-R.