Left of Center

LakebumLakebum Posts: 25 Baller
The new wider boats can throw off your perception as a course driver - if you don't drive to "hit" the right hand boat guide, the boat will be left of center in the course. The simple fix is obviously to watch the turbulence in the rear view mirror and adjust, but it's easy to drive and "feel" like your perfect while you're actually off line.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,160 Administrator
    Every boat is a little different. Using the prop wash and the mirror is really not the best method. I guess we all do it when we have to.

It is a best practice to have a passenger line the driver up. Better yet is someone at the end of the lake who can really see your boat path.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Lakebumballsohardski6jonesTheBigHead
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 302 Baller
    I'm having trouble getting my 18 prostar into my hoist.......its just really weird putting my head that far to the right side of the cradle. I hope I'm a little better in the course😝😝
    Lakebum

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Ok so what is a rolling panda??
    not quite as the "face palm" as a regular panda

mfjaegersr
    So i still have potential?? Cool!
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 493 Crazy Baller
    Kind of like a half panda?
    Horton
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,090 Mega Baller
    run the boat down the course with a passenger and without a skier to get a better idea of where you are
    Horton
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,888 Mega Baller
    I got this thought from @lpskier driving the 200 and it works in the Prostar as well. Put your right foot all the way on the right side of the footwell and feel like you are running over the right hand boat guide with your foot. It really helped me get the boat in the right place when first coming from a 91” boat to a 95” boat.
    Mark Shaffer
    raynBlueSkiLakebumjercrane
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,467 Mega Baller
    Also, if you are aware of the distance from your left shoulder to the pylon in your regular boat, you can check that spacing when you get in a different boat and know which way and how far you have to adjust.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    BG1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file