Kids slalom ski?

moskimoski Posts: 95 Baller
Ideas for a kids ski at their level?
Think I can get away with a ski that they can use together??

They each have summer birthdays.
Daughter turned 12 in July - left foot forward.
Son turned 10 in June - right foot forward.
They both weigh around 65 lbs.
pulling both around 26mph.
Right now they are on old late 1980s kids Connelly ski.

Mainly open water skiing but there is a ski course that we head to and play in it.
Next summer I’m going to send both of them to a week long ski summer camp.

Here ar

Well videos are not attaching. Here are picture of each. Need to figure how to attach videos. Maybe I’m putting too much thought on this. But just like to get a ski that will help them improve and also that they can grow into next few years, we have 2-3 more trips before we have to put boat away, maybe wait to get on till next spring.
Wish

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,479 Mega Baller
    edited August 9
    Pick any recent model D3 or radar from SIA in 63-65”. Size is more important than model. Get a wiley front that will fit them both - probably a small and rtp. They will be good for the next several summers.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,722 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited August 9
    Nice skiing 😀👍
    I have this D3 for sale in a not so easy to find size. Would work well for both. My daughter was about their age when she rode it and advanced quickley. OBrien small binding also available.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=52317

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Bruce_Butterfieldmoski
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 682 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Pictures make it look like your daughter is a bit more advanced than your son?

Based on the limited info in the pics, if I had to buy one ski for both of them right now I would probably go for a 65" TRA. You're likely to find it packaged and/or priced better with a small prime or vector front boot and a basic RTP. I personally would call that just fine and go for it. Big range, and once their feet are too big for that, it's time for them to have their own ski anyway.

@Bruce_Butterfield is a well respected source around here on kids stuff. Bruce, why do you recommend a Wiley's? I can't imagine not having my wonderful lace-up modern bindings.
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,479 Mega Baller
    I’ll admit I haven’t paid much attention to the newer soft bindings, but the ones i have seen are big on comfort and light on support. Many also raise the foot up off the ski which is a huge negative IMO.

Wileys are tried and true, keep the foot close to the ski and have predictable release.

The crew at Wileys is also great with customer support and will be sure you get something that fits right.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    escmanaze
  • moskimoski Posts: 95 Baller
    @escmanaze - you are correct. She is a bit more advanced then him. What’s a TRA??

Sweet. Be glad to hear from @Bruce_Butterfield too. I don’t know how to put videos up on this site. Guess YouTube is way to post a video, I’m trying to figure out YouTube account. Let me know of other ways on to do that....
  • moskimoski Posts: 95 Baller
    edited August 9
    @Bruce_Butterfield ——. Thank you Bruce. I bought 2 trick skis (used) for kids and i to see what ticking is like and holy cow, man o man hard to get are feet in those Wileys boots.... ill call up Wiley’s and get some help. I might try a wileys on my radar vapor to see how it compares to my radar vector boot w/ laces.....
    Ive always done a RTP for my rear foot and same for wife and kids too...
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,509 Mega Baller
    @moski - wet them and your foot squirt soap or shave cream or binding lube into them. stomp on the binding a few times to spread that around in there then wet your foot again and should go easy.
  • ReallyGottaSkiReallyGottaSki Posts: 39 Baller
    edited August 9
    My gf is loving her girls Omni
    First slalom tries on a combo failed handsomely last season, flop right over.

First run on the gOmni this season was like she's been skiing for years.

I'm against the combo+slalom experience now for beginners. I think it adds fustration and difficulty

That said, it has sparkles and butterflies on it too.

I concur,TRA is another great choice