Seeking ski buddies/water time/ski clubs near Schaumburg, IL

StackedUpStackedUp Posts: 4
edited August 11 in Mostly Slalom
Hey everyone, I'm a beginner course skier (28mph 15off, though I got that on only my 3rd day in the course), and I live in Schaumburg, IL (NW suburbs of Chicago). Being in the course has given me the ski bug real bad, but I don't have consistent access to water time, so I'm looking for as many local ski buddies and skiing opportunities as I can find!

Does anyone have any suggestions or leads in the area?

Even if you don't have a connection to water time but live nearby, I'd love to connect just as a fellow local ski enthusiast. I'm 6balls's nephew, if that mattes to anyone lol.

Thanks!
- Steve

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,509 Mega Baller
    Hey tough part of the world I know there are some new options out by McHenry and there is probably still Laurie's quarry. I never could get in touch with anyone up at Libertyville
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Any help for my nephew Steve appreciated, ballers. Running the course 3rd try on minimal experience he has potential and is hungry. His older brother who has access and is after it as well is 3 hours away so something closer would be great.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    StackedUp
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,509 Mega Baller
    Used to live in Arlington heights area so feel his pain. Trick ski the cable park in Crystal lake ;)
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 909 Mega Baller
    I can give you a lay of the land, feel free to PM.
    StackedUp
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @MS if he did your windows, fed your dogs, mowed your lawn and waxed your boat could he hang with you and ski for a week?

OK, let's get serious...how much IPA would he have to bring?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    RazorRoss3
  • StackedUpStackedUp Posts: 4
    edited August 12
    I would do all those things! (...depends how many windows we talkin lol ;))