Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 700 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What? You just bought it!!!??
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 919 Crazy Baller
    I have my eyes set on a 2020
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Andre
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,442 Administrator
    6L is awesome!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• AndreAndre Posts: 1,218 Crazy Baller
    @markchilcutt Is it already build or you're ordering?
    @Andre not sure if I will be ordering new or picking up something used next spring/summer.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • skinutskinut Posts: 410 Baller
    @markchilcutt How did it perform at your elevation? I have a short setup on my lake in Idaho and I wonder how the 5.7 would do. I think we're close to the same elevation as stillwater.
    I am running a special three blade OJ prop (712M) that is amazing. But does great and gets up to speed easy. Boat pulled Nick Parsons through 39 off at 36mph he liked it.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • JaredSmithJaredSmith Posts: 44 Baller
    The 6.0 or 6.2 is the only way to go these days at high elevation due to the wider/heavier ski boats the manufactures are making. Bring back the Carbon Pro!
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,220 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    We’re only at 1,000’ above sea, but our ‘15 5.7 Prostar provided plenty of grunt. That hull does not drag like the 200 for example. You can never have too much power though:)
    Scott Calderwood
    tjm
    @JaredSmith I paid $500 for the prop vs $15,000 for the 6.2 upgrade! I ski behind my 2018 5.7 and the 2019 6.2 promo same lake and honestly don’t feel much difference. Definitely feel the differences when driving the two boats but the pull for slalom not really.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    swc5150Jordan
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 634 Crazy Baller
    @markchilcutt What's the difference you feel with driving?
    The 6.2 gets up to speed sooner
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,531 Mega Baller
    @skinut There are 2 new 5.7 MCs in Colorado. One is on a very short lake @ 6,200'. Pulls good jr skiers @ 36 through 32 and 35 off (160 lbs minus) with the 3 blade.
    The other is @ 4,600' on a longer lake and pulls one of the same skiers with the 4 blade and earlier engagement.
    Both skied Regionals with similar scores as in practice. My guess is a larger adult that skis beyond 32 off @ 36 would want more ponies
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    Jordan
  • skinutskinut Posts: 410 Baller
    @Drago Thanks.
    @skinut what is your elevation? Stillwater is about 4200ft and has a nice set up on both lakes both directions.

Like I said earlier my boat has pulled Nick through 39. Rossi and Martin Bartalsky also skied the boat and loved the pull all with perfect full course and segment times. The motor is not just wide open either it is cycling with zero off giving a very nice ride.

If we were higher than 5000 ft and knew we would be pulling open men skiers on a short set up all the time 6.0 or 6.2 no question.

We ski at 34mph occasionally into 38off and couldn't be happier with the pull from this boat.
    Ski it if you can!!!!

Rossi this spring 36mph -38
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    skier2788swc5150robmollysilverlake
  • KillerKiller Posts: 384 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Oh man. 5 ball so sick. Does that offside come with the boat?
    escmanaze
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 44 Baller
    skiflydana - you do know you just posted your add into someone's for sale add.
    escmanazeswc5150
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 284 Crazy Baller
    @Skiflydana that doesn't seem like a cool thing to do.....
    swc5150escmanaze