Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adam Cord is a terrible human

HortonHorton Posts: 27,622 Administrator
If you have read my C75 review you know I really like this ski. I have been on it almost all season and am skiing the best of my like. I started the review with short deep settings something like 2.528 / 6.804 / 1.05 / 28.5 / 8

The problem is Adam is he is an engineer and he thinks I am basically a lab rat he can experiment on. I believe he used the Dark Side of the Force or some sort of remote hypnosis to convince me to try other settings.

First there was 28.75 / .980 / 7" / 2.43 / 7. These settings were easier on my body and made the ski feel faster. The downside of these settings was ski seems to have a smaller margin of error at my hardest passes. When I am skiing at my best these settings are actually VERY good but if I am not at my best the original Short Deep settings are way better.

Next there was 28.75 / 1.01 / 2.44 / 7" / 8. This setting was not bad but as the previous setting it resulted in rides that were hot and cold. One day I ran four out of five 38s and then went to a tournament and missed 35.

Yesterday - I finally returned to the original short deep settings. My passes were perhaps not as smooth as with the above long shallow settings but I ran 4 out of 6 attempted 38s. These are my settings for the rest of the season.

To be fair Adam thinks long shallow may be better for 32 off or longer & he is likely correct about that.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

mwfillmoreJoelHowleyhammerski

Comments

• S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 176 Baller
    edited August 29
    @Horton - So is it fair to say that like the C 65 the CG fin has no bad settings on the C 75 just some are better than others?
    I read somewhere here that the C75 was designed to specifically include the features of the CG fin. Do you feel the fin has similar results and feel on both skis ?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,622 Administrator
    @Bruce_Butterfield you may have a point but @AdamCord did make me suffer.

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

mwfillmore
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,436 Mega Baller
    If I may make Bruce's point in a slightly different way:

Real lab rats have more fun than that!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    GaryWilkinson
  • WishWish Posts: 7,797 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited August 29
    You're not a lab rat until Adam or Adam tells you to pull out a power tool and do a bit more then adjust a fin or boot.

So is this the longest you've stayed on a test ski?? Feel sorry for the other companies. They're gonna have to up their game to get you through that many 38s. Would this be more 38s on a single test ski then all others??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,227 Mega Baller
    All other reviews will be compared to this ski so good luck getting other skis to test.
    Shut up and ski
    RednucleusballsohardWish
  • eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 169 Baller
    Just keep your driver swerving and fin numbers won’t matter.
    Matt Dillon
    jayskiTheBigHeadlkb
  • DWDW Posts: 2,010 Mega Baller
    edited August 30
    Perhaps the most accurate statement ever from the galactic leader > defining himself as a "... rat"
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,112 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    4 of 6 38s is awesome. U r gonna get 39...quit messing with settings and run it
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    WishGaryWilkinson
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 611 Crazy Baller
    Whatever @AdamCord gives you is for your own good. Just do as he says, "thank you sir, may I have another?"
    Wish
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,474 Crazy Baller
    Will be interesting to see what happens to @Horton buoy count and consistency when he gets back on his second favorite ski.
    He is skiing very well. Will it continue?
    I think it will.
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 611 Crazy Baller
    @MS what makes you think @Horton will ever get off that ski
    @vtmecheng He will. The man is remarkably committed to the process.
  • VTskierVTskier Posts: 21 Baller
    I have 5 sets on my new C75 and find that as I am getting closer to the fin setting I want for my shorter passes (32/35), my opener is getting harder to make easily. Anyone having similar results?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,622 Administrator
    @VTskier it is not uncommon for a settings be feel like crap on you opener and feel better as the rope gets shorter. A ski or settings that feel awesome on your opener might suck at the pass you really care about.

Wishhammerski
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,227 Mega Baller
    @vtmecheng Maybe he will just keep riding that ski and then have mystery testers putting up reviews for all the new skis
    Shut up and ski
    RednucleusWishThan_Bogan
  • Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 590 Solid Baller
    Mystery Tester = @Dirt
    The_MSThan_BoganHockdog
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,592 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Not_The_Pug I can't even run 4 of 6 35s right now and Horton is selfish
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    The_MS
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,957 Mega Baller
    @Dirt maybe you just need a Denali.
    Mark Shaffer
    DirtJordan
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,109
    edited August 31
    Everybody needs a new Denali !!!
    Just got mine in time for a Hurricane...Guess I'll get to see how well it does in 100mph winds !!!

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    WishGaryWilkinsonThe_MS
  • VTskierVTskier Posts: 21 Baller
    @Horton this is the first ski that had such a big change of my opener. That being said, each day is getting more comfortable and the ski is actually giving great feedbacks about my weaknesses. The rewards of good technique are huge on it.
    9400Skierx
    Real lab rats need a file to set their fin.

That said, this was a day where the lab rat does get the cheese. Crazy settings were awesome. More lab-ratting to do!
    WishSkierx
  • SkierxSkierx Posts: 42 Baller
    @Than_Bogan care to share those crazy settings? I have a file . I like 🧀 cheese.
    Than_Bogan
  • WishWish Posts: 7,797 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I miss those days. The power tool days were the best 👍.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Than_Bogan
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 658 Crazy Baller
    It appears that there is fresh blood on the file too. Those must be good settings.
    Than_Bogan