Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FS 92 echelon winter project.

skier2788skier2788 Posts: 730 Crazy Baller
Listing for a friend. He bought this Malibu in 94 from a local club. In 2016 it overheated causing the motor to seize. He then parked it in his garage. I don't think he drained the water for the winter. When he brought it to me and I pulled plugs water ran out of the cylinders. So that's the bad. The good is it's a pretty clean boat with only minor blemishes to the hull and interior. Has 304 hours. If anyone is looking for a winter project it might make a decent starter boat. He wants $4000 which is a little high to me considering all the unknowns. As winter progresses I am sure that number will come down.

Travis Torley

Comments

• skier2788skier2788 Posts: 730 Crazy Baller
    Has a ton of options but not sure what works and doesn't. Has a heater some form of Malibu cruise and a cassette player. Air temp water temp and depth gauge. Appears to have a built in stopwatch for timing.
    Travis Torley
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 250 Baller
    Someone should offer $3K and take a shot. I have the same engine in my 92 Hydrodyne comp. Had a gasket fail and hydrolocked about 5 yrs ago. Water in cylinders. Pulled it out and sent it to NAPA machine shop - went through it all (new pistone, rings, bearings, etc). One head replaced the other gone through. I got it back, reinstalled, and that was 250 hours ago. Total cost for the machine work was only about $850. That 350 GM Mercruiser is a great engine. It's not a hard job, just time consuming. For <$5K someone could have a great boat that will run for ages.
    andjules
  • SethroSethro Posts: 259 Solid Baller
    That's at least a 93, have him double check the hull ID on the back of the boat for the year.
    skier2788
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 730 Crazy Baller
    Thanks @Sethro I believe you are correct. Zoomed in on one of the photos and the hull number would indicate a 93.
    Travis Torley
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 280 Baller
    Made an offer....accepted.
    Working on transportation.
    Should be eastbound in the near future.
    Timr71
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 250 Baller
    @Jetsetr - outstanding!
    JetsetrTimr71