Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deep State meet the deep water

For those of you that don't believe there is a deep state in the sport of water skiing, I can tell you otherwise, I lived it last year. I was falsely accused by the deep state of inappropriate posts about Nate Smith on the now defunct Ski Fly message board. The deep state took extreme measures to attempt make a case against me to keep from competing at the 2018 Sr. Worlds but this surreptitious plot would fall flat on its face. Unbeknownst to me, this crowd hired an IT investigator to attempt to link the scandalous Ski Fly postings to me and a few of my friends by invading my personal privacy, my families' privacy and the privacy of dear friends - the investigators report made them all look stupid and exonerated me and my friends (I will post the IT report on my Facebook which reveals the participants). Unfortunately I have never received an apology by the deep state for wrongly invading my privacy nor has anyone apologized to the other people who were wrongly targeted.

Despite all this nonsense, I still love the sport and in the end I was crowned the 2018 World Slalom Champion (45 plus) with a last off the dock opt up 39 and [email protected]! Now I am a proud member of the Pan American Team heading to Peru in October - GO USA!

Nevertheless, see the article below as the deep state is slowly but surely being exposed...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/allmanartspresents/posts/?ref=page_internal

Jamie Allman @allmanartspresents

This week I will be kicking off a new element to Radio Free Allman called “RFA Investigates”
I’ll spend a lot of time on government and political malfeasance but I’m going to kick this week’s feature off with an investigation of…drum roll please… Your taxpayer funded , Congressionally created Orwellian named “SafeSport” colluding with the Pro Waterskiing world to openly and uncourageously coddle one if its allegedly serial abusing stars .

Deep State meet the deep water.

This past weekend Nate Smith has competed in the California Water Ski Pro Am as a US sanctioned water skier. Next weekend he competes in the Malibu Open Two of the most prestigious events in the Pro Water Ski World.

Ask yourself: If you were accused of beating and threatening to kill a young woman , of having sex with a minor in a hotel room, and of suggesting a threesome and soliciting massages from a multiple 14 year olds where would you be ? SafeSport knew of these allegations .

Worse: It’s your own government created watch dog group that is kid gloving a guy who seemingly under any other circumstances would be under hot police lights instead of hot dogging on the water and being named as a "mentor to Team Germany's Youth". At the very least in any other industry or even the NFL, MLB, or NBA, Nate Smith would have been gone or more thoroughly investigated long ago. If Nate Smith was managed by SafeSport the same way they've managed others, he would be barred for life from coaching and competing.
Instead “SafeSport”, created by Congress, gave Smith a 90 day suspension and then it was mysteriously lifted just in time for him to compete at US National and appear before thousands. He’s already back making a mint with sponsors and still mentoring and coaching young girls and positioned by tone deaf sponsors to the very audience he coaches and victimizes. Of note, he's an amazing athlete - and won the California Pro Am this past weekend, making it easy for sponsors to use his influence.

Stay tuned to RFA Investigates all week here and on the radio as I talk to those affected by Smith’s alleged actions, to those who have made an effort to make "No Comment" but are too cowardly to actually do so - as RFA reveals the corporate sponsors who are pushing Smith’s allegations under the rug, and I'll ask our own Congressional Delegation about the seemingly toothless and cowardly SafeSport program.

E_TMichaelGoodman

Comments

• UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,155 Mega Baller
    edited September 9
    EDIT: image removed by original poster. Intention too easy to misunderstand as a joke. @horton didn't ask me to BTW.

For most individuals, the allegations detailed above are way more than has been known.
    mshaw200Steven_HainesNando
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,442 Administrator
    None of this is funny. Any post made in poor taste will be removed.

As owner and administrator of this website, I will not apologize or explain myself if I delete posts or ban users. I have every intention of maintaining a professional level of decorum on this subject.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

j2nh
  • mshaw200mshaw200 Posts: 89 Baller
    Yep, that happened, I was one of the friends also investigated and they even tried to keep me off the 35+ Worlds team last year. Thankfully I was cleared and went on to win the 45+ World Overall title but invasion of was over the top.
    And my hair was perfect!
    skidawgGWaterskiReggieO
  • NandoNando Posts: 496 Crazy Baller
    Oops- hit the "awesome" button by mistake- just wanted to get away from this topic! :#
    PurdueSkier
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,442 Administrator
    edited September 9
    Also please note: I have moved this subject into a section of the website that can only be commented on by forum members who have their USA waterski number in their profile. In other words you cannot be anonymous and comment on this subject.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

SusanT
  • EricKelleyEricKelley Posts: 280 Crazy Baller
    Thanks for sharing your experience and may truth prevail.
  • skiboat38skiboat38 Posts: 127 Baller
    Hmmmm.......Seems like every time something fishy goes on and waterskiing there is a common denominator,
    Absolutely agree @Horton there's nothing funny about any of this.

@Than_Bogan that post is the only part of the report that I've seen. If that is actually from the report and the SafeSport investigator truly believed those things happened.....do you think the punishment was appropriate?
    And my hair was perfect!
    Carver
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,396 Mega Baller
    @mshaw200 Under the conditions you've suggested (actual excerpt in proper context) then absolutely not. That would be dramatic under-punishment. Also, he should be in jail in that case.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    GaryWilkinsonObrienslalom
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,574 Mega Baller
    I didn't realize Safesport was created by Congress? I thought it was created within the sport communities.
    The_MS
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 248 Crazy Baller
    If that report is authentic, I do not understand the decision for recession of suspension . Though the tone of the post gives me pause, and the statements that Congress established Safe Sport may be disingenuous, as I understand the USOC established Safe Sport and Congress established USOC.
    @JackQ You can google it: The Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017, also known as the Safe Sport Authorization Act, is an American law which establishes protection for young athletes. Among its provisions, it established the United States Center for SafeSport as an independent entity to investigate reports of abuse and protect athletes from abuse in the United States Olympic movement.
    And my hair was perfect!
  • BrendaNicholsBrendaNichols Posts: 4 Baller
    Unfortunately I too discovered, after the fact, that I (as well as deceased family members) was secretly investigated. I was shocked to see the report with my family’s and friend’s names on it when I was never informed I was being investigated. Like Eric Kelley said, “May the truth prevail.”
    BMG73
  • Kyle_TateKyle_Tate Posts: 27 Baller
    USA Waterski is considered a National Governing Body (NGB). Good article below simply for informational purposes discussing issues with other NGB's...

https://time.com/5638354/us-olympic-paralympic-committee-congressional-investigation/
    We all now know for the first time that our NGB knows this (see attached report) and it took the media to expose it - what the heck is going on with our sport?

skidawg
    I've heard there is a 300 page Safesport report - I believe our NGB knows this information and I believe the Sponsors know as well? I believe our members deserve to see the full report...
    APBThan_Bogan
  • APBAPB Posts: 242 Baller
    #himtoo
    I just had a direct message conversation with one of Nate's major sponsors who suggested that people were just trying to hurt Nate... like Nate is somehow the victim? I responded that I don't believe anyone in water skiing wants to hurt others, it just so happens that the person you sponsor is a sanctioned abuser of women and his name happens to be Nate...
    What is going on in this industry??
    MichaelGoodmanAPBReggieO
  • mfjaegersrmfjaegersr Posts: 134 Baller
    edited September 10
    This bothers me so much...I have to take (what little I can) action; I'll be writing letters to the sponsors and will boycott accordingly until corrective action is taken. Nautique, Masterline, ZeroOff, D3, Silver Spray Sports...USAWS...

(Draft deleted for rewriting)
    skispray
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,574 Mega Baller
    Were there any charges, investigations by law, or convictions brought by authorities outside of SafeSport? Any civil lawsuits that have been settled or ruled on?
    AndreTed PoolertjmISP6ball
    I have just learned that the 300 plus page Safesport report includes more recent alleged victims who do not want to be identified at this time and have chosen to remain silent publicly. I believe any potential criminal charges would require a complainant/victim to speak with authorities and could be subject to a statute of limitations and/or a jurisdictional issue, depending on the allegations and location of course. As for civil claims, I believe that a Dallas based lawyer represents several of the alleged victims who apparently do not want to be identified publicly at this time - which sounds similar to the gymnastics situation in the beginning. As for civil settlements, I believe, but cannot confirm, that at least one arrangement was made to an alleged complainant last year for silence...

As such, hence the reason our NGB membership should demand the release of the 300 plus page Safesport report which apparently details all the recent alleged wrongdoings. I believe this could be done in a redacted version to protect the names of the alleged victims...
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,339 Crazy Baller
    What a sad commentary on our sport and those in high places within it. I am just unable to come to grips with the overall situation. It's disgusting and depressing. Again, it saddens me.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    rawly
    edited September 10
    @LeonL Unfortunately this is a tragedy in our sport but it does not define our sport. As we all know, there are many great families in this sport that have been around many many years (Travers, Morgans, Overtons, Bartons, Switzers, Pavurs, Greenwoods, etc.) so not to be discouraged by a few...

Our NGB membership should join together and stand up against violence against women. I have endured attempts to silence me this past year, but I have stood strong through the deep state attack and the ongoing disparagement of my good name - so is it/was it worth it? Being silent is being complicit and now I have just learned that this awareness may have encouraged a recent victim to come forward...

Maybe the sponsors and the NGB will do the right thing instead of turning the other way and making excuses for a documented abuser of women? How could they not?

From what I understand, D3, Correct Craft/Nautique and Masterline are all current sponsors... The men running these companies should take a stand against violence against women; again, how could they not?

MillerTime38MichaelGoodmanGaryWilkinson
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,339 Crazy Baller
    @Kyle_Tate we've never officially met, but I know who you are and the values you stand for. I also know what your profession is. Based on your profession I ask a question. This in no way condones any bad behavior, but unless allegations are proven in a court of law does this not hamstring sponsors? Doesn't it leave them open to a potential lawsuit if they sever support and cancel a contract? Again to be clear I'm only asking a question and not supporting anyone's actions.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Simple Challenge to the Sponsors:

The inaction of these sponsors is baffling? At least make a public statement as to where you stand? Do you support violence against women? Otherwise the silence seems to speak volumes about your position? I challenge the sponsors to speak up - Russell Gay, Bill Yeargin, Creed Kidder, where do you stand?

I believe the consuming public has a right to know...

MillerTime38