Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MY SKI EQUIPMENT AND WHAT I LIKE

bananaronbananaron Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
I am now skiing a 2008 MC PROSTAR 197 that is a good pull.I have 2 skis and prefer the 2018 radar vapor over the 2018 d3 evo.Both have a radar vector front boot with a wiley high wrap rear boot and I have to say the boots I really enjoy.I use a radar vapor vest and a oneill slasher vest.Really enjoy both vests as they are light and give you freedom to move.Also use oneill shorts and heater tops when the cooler air and water start which here in MN is often.Miami nautique gloves are now my choice and really think they work for me.In fact I won't buy anything else as they really last.I probably have skied 125 times so far this yr and now are 2 yrs old and still hanging together.I do have some calluses however should probably wear some liners.Have several tow ropes to include in tow, masterline and most recently radar vapor which cost less and seem to work for my use.I do prefer the in tow and think Brenda does a great job.Also have in tow 12 in radius handle and a couple us gear radius handles which are great for my use.Both handles last a long time for me.I think both are well made and I enjoy both.I use a barefoot international boom for the footin times and think its very well made and strong.Have wet suits in the boat house however do not use them here in cold MN. I just tough it out when it gets cold......
Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
jedgellrockdogTELOrlando76ALPJrNandoskihartMickskijriester33UWSkierThe_MS76S&SA_BShakeskiJordanjercraneKRoundy

Comments

• Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,050 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I became a fan of InTow about 3 months ago, prior to the recent tabloids. And given recent tabloid issues I’m certain to ONLY use Brenda from now on. Is it just me or do her ropes seems to not twist up so much? And the knotless Masterline is too hard for me to loosen to cut the rope as the driver. Absolutely swear by MNI gloves! Best gloves ever. I have a few other and newer skis but given I’m not up to par after 8 months off due to wicked leg injury I’m back to skiing my 2014 or 15 Mapple Torque, the black one with blue letters. It’s just a predictable, safe, “carvey” ski that seems to predict my next move vs me predicting it’s move. And still would rather ski behind my old 93 SN with PP but my other ski buds are too good for it.
    ALPJr
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,861 Mega Baller
    Awesome @bananaron !
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
    @Orlando76 Good luck with your skiing after your injury and yes the older boats are great.@ALPJr thanks skiing gets more fun each day...
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 208 Baller
    Old Boats rule (especially with that LED based Perfect Pass).

Still skiing after work here in the Midwest and so far no wetsuit.
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
    @2Valve old boats are great.Where are you skiing and what are your temps?