Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old ropes and handles recycled?

What does everyone do with old broken handles and slalom ropes....I had about 6 older handles new in the packages and I think the age caused them to break after less than a month of use (some were commercially made some I made my own.
I also have a few slalom ropes that have one or two sections that started to fray and I am afraid of an injury.
Any ideas? Some of the handles look new but the rope broke right at the "V".

Comments

• Pat MPat M Posts: 675 Crazy Baller
    Intow will restring a handle if it is in good shape.
    dancin4
  • skialexskialex Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    If the core bar has no corrosion then you can restring it with new fresh rope, anything else I wouldn’t use. Don’t trust old rope. Or you can repurpose, see picture :)

MDB1056Bill22Shakeski
  • 2Valve2Valve Posts: 211 Baller
    I use my old Brenda handle on my big 100 lb. dog, to pull me around rollerblading. Just put a quick release on it as shown by @skialex
    skialexShakeski
  • SethroSethro Posts: 266 Solid Baller
    Most recently, I used some old ropes to tie up my docks during high water so they wouldn’t wash downstream. 😡

Than_BoganShakeskidancin4UWSkier
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 527 Crazy Baller
    Yep, I keep an old rope in my garage in case I need to tie random stuff down. I gave my old slalom rope to my wife for when she free skis but a section was freyed so I wont use it.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,713 Mega Baller
    edited September 26
    Get a fid and start playing.

I've taken old mainlines through each other to make double thick ropes which I use for mooring/anchoring.
    dancin4
  • sagilbertsagilbert Posts: 5 New Baller
    If you don't use the 15'-off section of your ski rope, I would be interested in purchasing that section (only)---if in excellent shape. Please shoot me a price. I would pay for shipping, of course.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,533 Mega Baller
    If your ML rope is tied in individual sections, ML will sell you replacement sections. Just this afternoon, a friend commented that she would replace her -28 and -32 loops twice due to wear before replacing the rest of her rope due to fatigue.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly