Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 response question

ToddFToddF Posts: 544 Baller
Where does it rank amongst the years 2015-2011 for responses
best buy of the group
worst buy of the group
doesn't really matter they are all close enough.

Thanks

Comments

• jhughesjhughes Posts: 934 Mega Baller
    Second year of the TXI. Odd one-spoke steering wheel. Good boat though. In 15 they moved the engine forward, switched to PCM motors, changed the throttle lever and steering wheel for the better. I think all of those first gen TXIs were great but 15-16 are definitely better.
    Dacon62
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
    @ToddF Ck with @Dockoelboto He just bought a 2013 Malibu TXI and I think really likes it.He lives outside of Seattle on a private ski lake.
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
  • DockoelbotoDockoelboto Posts: 81 Baller
    I have a 2013 TXi. Overall it has been a fantastic boat. great wake, ZO, plenty of power. For the 2011-15 I don't think there were major changes year to year. I've heard in 15 or maybe 16 about moving the engine more forward. Honestly the boat tracks well, has a great wake. Plenty of space and higher side board so less water over the bow. The steering wheel is a little strange but not a deal breaker. The throttle is very sensitive, small movements make big changes but once the skier is up and you are around the island, does it matter? It took about 2 passes to get used to it. @ToddF if you ever find yourself in the Olympia area and are interested in looking at my boat or skiing, let me know.
  • DWDW Posts: 2,010 Mega Baller
    The unique single post steering wheel was explained to me as: The 'heavy on purpose design' post would act as a rudder straightener thus acting like added caster on an automobile. 2016 was the engine move, there is a thread on this site that Chad Scott discussed the effects.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,177 Mega Baller
    2015 engine moved. All of those TXis were nice. The deck and interior were largely carry overs from the 2011 LXi so the F&F even in the 2012 wasn't the typical Malibu first model year quality.