Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Prostar (What would you be willing to pay for this boat)

markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 931 Crazy Baller
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2018-MasterCraft-Prostar-with-Tower-for-sale-South-Jordan-Utah-102067.aspx
Trying to move this boat. Just curious what you would pay if you were in the market. Thinking about either dropping my price way down or holding it till spring?
Ski it if you can!!!!

Comments

• DCookDCook Posts: 4 Baller
    Unfortunately, I agree with Keith. I am in the market, and today was actually the first time I read through specs on this boat to realize this has everything I want. But the color has been a non-starter. I also imagine navy seats get super hot in the sun. Maybe you can find a die hard U of Michigan fan?
    6balls
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 931 Crazy Baller
    @DCook I thought the same thing but the MC Cool Feel is the real deal. Doesn't get hot like you would think. I had a Malibu with a light gray interior piece that felt like it was burning your skin when you sat on it. This stuff is way better than traditional interior.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Shakeski
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    i like those colors. My fraternity colors.
    pjnyk
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 302 Crazy Baller
    @markchilcutt Whats a way down price??
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
    @bananaron I sent you a PM
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    spartanskier10
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,239 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I'll second how great cool feel vinyl is. I have a hunch it'll become the new norm, like seadek taking over carpet.

Selling a unique color boat is tough...I've been there (once!).
    Scott Calderwood
    markchilcutt6ballsShakeskiBill22
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 260 Baller
    Perfect color for @bananaron !

Other than him, I would think you can either drop price until someone says “ok I can like that or deal with it”, or keep price up and wait for the person that wants it.

It’s a decent price for a MC tower boat with some warranty left.

Does it have a ski rack or back seats? Don’t see either mentioned or pics.
    @skimtb no rear seats or ski racks.

Considering a vinyl wrap with stars and strips incorporated or like you said just need to be patient. In person the colors really look good but I get it.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,548 Mega Baller
    I have no problem with the colors, my SN 02 has similar. Not a fan of the pull I get behind the MC or how they drive. Just me I guess. Therefore, I am out.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    lack of bow or rear seats is what made me buy a new Prostar. It was like pulling teeth to get a price and time frame to get them. seemed like all prostars I was looking at were either missing the front, the rear of both sets of seats. it sounded like a great concept that a promo boat owner could order the boat barebones and then the next buyer can add whatever he wanted. however it's not so easy to do so.
  • CentCent Posts: 171 Baller
    I could handle the colors. Not a fan of towers. Prefer Biminis so would need some discount if looking which I am not.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,551 Mega Baller
    @BlueSki, or through East Lansing.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    BlueSkiGWaterski
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,957 Mega Baller
    Personally I like the color but you will rule some people out. If I was in the market for a new boat I would try to steal it from you. I think you may need to drop the price to get some action. I would think at 52.5 it would move.
    Mark Shaffer
  • skialexskialex Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    Come on, boat looks awesome! This type of boats should not look ordinary anyway!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,436 Mega Baller
    Man I am hilariously out of this market right now. I don't hate the colors, but I was thinking I'd be willing to pay around $38k for it.
    Guess I'll be keeping my boat!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 703 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Correct me if I'm wrong Mark, but I think a Michigan fan is going to be really disappointed to find out that the "yellow" is actually quite green. As I understand it, this is much more of a "Seahawks" boat than a Wolverine boat.

I actually think the color scheme is really pretty.
    @escmanaze Definitely no green to it. Some of the photos make it look greenish but its definitely bright yellow.

Unfortunately the photos are making it hard to sell.

The colors are a departure from the norm for sure. Everyone including myself are so used to seeing the same old colors (White, black, red, blue, silver, gray, Orange lol @Horton) over and over again on a 3 event boat that when you initially see these colors the majority of people in this market turn away.

I was hesitant seeing the photos (thinking is that a greenish yellow?) but still bought it sight unseen. Once it arrived at my house I instantly feel in love.

If this boat had a 6.0 or 6.2 in it it wouldn't be going anywhere.

The Cool Feel interior, decadence flooring and heated seats may be the nicest features about this boat.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    escmanaze
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 121 Baller
    I think your price is already very competitive compared to the asking prices for similar boats on SIA. But then, many of those boats have been for sale for months and apparently haven't sold yet, which says a lot about how realistic those asking prices are. I think the 2020 Prostars with the 6.0L engine may drive the price for 5.7s down a bit.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,599 Crazy Baller
    +1 for stay cool material, you have to feel it to believe it. TBS had that black prostar in ‘18. I was amazed it didn’t get hot.

I love the single color blue interior. Not a fan of bright yellow, if it was standard yellow it would be sold by now.

@LoopSki I heard the bow seats are standard equipment now.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    @Bill22 a part of me says do a vinyl wrap to cover the yellow and watch it go bye bye.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Bill22
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 611 Crazy Baller
    It's all about finding the right buyer and how long you are willing to wait.
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 260 Baller
    How much is a wrap? If your gonna do that, just discount the boat and move on.

Agree that it may be hard to show the real colors in pics. Is almost looks black and yellow....
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,708 Mega Baller
    Chartreuse is the color.. Like a Rapala - I don't mind it.
    jhughes
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 264 Solid Baller
    Is it missing the kick butt ski racks?
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,239 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited October 1
    Yellow and blue is much better than the gray/teal/pink Prostar 205 we were stuck with back in the day, after that 15 minutes of cool was up. Nothing but blue, red or black for this guy from then on.
    Scott Calderwood
  • APBAPB Posts: 258 Baller
    I’ve skied behind that boat!!! :)
  • mmskiboatmmskiboat Posts: 39 New Baller
    Are you seeing the other boats moving? Price will always move something for sale as someone else can just re post it and wait for the buyer.

I do not mind the colors but not having rear seats would have been an issue fo us.
  • JaredSmithJaredSmith Posts: 62 Baller
    I'm interested. How low would you be willing to go?