Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flowpoint 1988 Collegiate Nationals

fu_manfu_man Posts: 415 Crazy Baller
This popped up on youtube this morning. Pretty cool. Many of the the women skiers here were staples on the tour in the 90's and many eventually made the hall of fame.

MattProbmollysilverlakeCooper_Trelawney9400dbaconaz

Comments

• fu_manfu_man Posts: 415 Crazy Baller
    I love the background music. Gives it a cool 80s feel. Genesis -Tonight Tonight Tonight. Wasn't that on a Michelob commercial back in the day? Pointer Sisters- Neutron Dance. INXS. etc.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,581 Mega Baller
    edited October 3
    I transfered the year before that, probably would have been there if I hadn't.
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 392 Solid Baller
    I was there. Who else was?

• gregygregy Posts: 2,581 Mega Baller
    I didn't realize Jason Paredes was such a good 3 event skier.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,568 Mega Baller
    edited October 3
    @fu_man Phil Collins : legend
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,613 Administrator
    I was a freshman the following year.

after studying Matt Brown's gate in this video I'm never taking crap from him about my gate again
    Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Dragomatthewbrown
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 94 Baller
    @Booze I wasn't there in '88 but my team (Southwest Texas State) qualified for Nationals in '90, hosted by NLU. It was awesome to go to Nationals back in those days because only 2 schools per region qualified - no D2. The video of the '88 Nationals brings back some great memories of the skiers, boats, skis and neon jump suits! Collegiate skiing was a great time and there was a lot of extra curricular activities at every tournament too! The jumpers we jumped on look like trick skis to me now! :D
    gregy
  • matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 421 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Horton I agree, some of the worst gates I’ve ever seen.
    Horton