Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Innovations ! Whats Missing ?

Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,005 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited October 8 in News & Other Stuff
There has been a lot of Innovations in the Water Ski World, Ski Technology, Fin Technology, Binding Technology, Various other gadgets, like Mikro-Just etc.
But no Innovations for moving your stuff about, no strong hard case to put just a single slalom ski in, look at the sportstube fairly flimsy in the middle, plenty opportunity for skis to get crushed, real hassle to load your gear, then the soft wheelie bags, how many skis have been damaged in them.
Skis have gone from $500 to $2000 but the means of protecting them is poor, the slalom bags on offer are not brilliant if you have a decent fin protector, or sock with protector, you cannot get your ski in the bag.
Any Innovators out there have any ideas ?

When I am at Airports I see Custom made cases for Bycycles, that they wheel around what a great bit of kit.

When The Going Gets Tough, Get Stoked !

bf`

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,112 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    sportube is cool but the length adjusment should be at the end not in the middle which would give a lot more rigidity through the middle. It would also make loading WAY easier.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    MISkier
  • NandoNando Posts: 510 Crazy Baller
    @Brewski , I HAD to give you an awesome, because the products absolutely ARE, but the market potential of a $2,500 slalom case, ???
    BrewskiIronR1
  • DWDW Posts: 2,010 Mega Baller
    Innovations in quality improvement, stuff seems to wear out way too fast compared to other sports. Threads, fabrics etc. Agree on the transport aspect.
  • BrewskiBrewski Posts: 404 Crazy Baller
    @Nando THANKS Oh, I totally get it. $2500 for a ski case is crazy high but it would last a lifetime X2....
  • PacManPacMan Posts: 64 Baller
    edited October 10
    Too bad Pelican doesn't make a case long enough. Those are some of the strongest cases out there. There are some companies that build custom cases by order but the cost would probably be close to $2000 again.
    If your not having fun your not doing it right.
    Nando
  • MoffattraMoffattra Posts: 63 Baller
    wait, @Brewski , what the hell are those boots??!
  • BrewskiBrewski Posts: 404 Crazy Baller
    @Moffattra I build custom high performance athletic shoes and boots from high end aerospace materials and manufacturing processes
    . Those are Olympic Short Track Speed Skating boots. These are Long Track
    boots....
    These are Barefoot training shoes:
    Slalom:
    Brady
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 969 Mega Baller
    I like the feature of Sportube where it closes in the middle. For storage between trips and upon arrival the tube shortens up a good bit and is much easier to fit in a car from the airport to where ever.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    Killerjayskithagerjepski