Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wide ride suggestions

BadgerBadger Posts: 10
edited March 2011 in Skis Fins Bindings
Thinking about slowing it down now that I'm in my 50's.  Want to ski 28 - 32 mph, and I'm stictly 22/28/off skier (32 on my best days).  I don't want to push past that, I've had it with season ending injuries.  I'd rather ski ten 28 off passes in a row, than scramble and crash (and bust more ribs) trying to get past 32

Looking at a HO Triumph, any other suggestions (and at my age and stage don't want to spend $1500 on a Goode)

Comments

• Jim NeelyJim Neely Posts: 291 Baller
    I have an HO Triumph that I use for INT Wide ride. At 30 MPH it's a good shortline ski. Just replace the fin with an adjustable fin.
    68" Vapor
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,644 Mega Baller
    In a 67" the Connelly V fits wide ride. In the 69" the 2011 Senate fits the wide ride also. I see a lot of Radar Theorys at INT events.
    Mark Shaffer
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 10
    Jim

I was thinking of using a Schnitz speed slot fin, but what do I have to do to replace it?
    Chef, how wide is the 2011 Senate?
    68" Vapor
    edited March 2011
    Badger, You will need to add an adjustable HO fin block.
    68" Vapor
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 10
    Jim, where would I get an adjustable fin block?

Thanks
    edited March 2011
    Performance Ski and Surf stocks them http://www.perfski.com/Misc/PARTS/HO-Syndicate-Fin-Fin-Block.html

68" Vapor
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,644 Mega Baller
    The Senate C at 69" is 7.252" wide. http://www.radarskis.com/_media/tags//SKI-SPECS_KVXNDWQ.pdf
    Mark Shaffer
    That's a little wider than the previous version. That will be a killer wide ride.

Badger, FM's fin block price is better http://www.jagersport.com/product_info.php?cPath=77&products_id=183&osCsid=fcd40bb6756f9a371e96056a083c7e6c

68" Vapor
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    A 69" Senate only works if you're a big enough guy to really need a 69.  Otherwise it will launch off the wake rather than carve through it and feel more like a wakeboard than a slalom ski.  What is your height/weight Badger?  I'm 55 y.o., currently down to 195 lbs, 6'3" and I've taken my 67" Theory at 30 mph into 38 off (slow shortline is FUN dude!).  A 69" at my size/weight would be WAY too much ski.  So factor that into your selection.  The Theory is definitely a performance ski, don't let the width fool you.  Pretty hard to beat a Theory for 30 mph INT Wide Ride.

Ed
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com