Where are Radar skis made

BadgerBadger Posts: 10
edited March 2011 in Skis Fins Bindings
Are Radar skis made in the US, or overseas? I'd ask Radar but they don't seem to have a contact us section on their web site

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    I was told at one point that their top of the line skis (Strada & Vice?) are made in Washington State. Their lower level skis are made overseas. Someone correct me if I wrong.
  • BadgerBadger Posts: 10
    I'm wondering about the Theory specifically
  • Bud ManBud Man Posts: 254
    edited March 2011
    I thought they were made by Square One Distribution C. in Issaquah, WA
    But you can call them and ask. They are very nice people. 1 888 766-4926

Just my thought.
  • sullyskisullyski Posts: 7 Baller
    Badger,
    We make Strada and Vice at Radar Lake in Woodinville, WA. The Senates and Theory are made in our own factory in mainland China. This is a production facility that Herb set up from scratch. We have a full-time guy living there that monitors all production. Daily ski flexes are recorded at the start of production runs. In addition, our R&D team spends over 6 months there watching skis be made. We are very confident in the quality of the skis. We then receive those blank skis here in Issaquah, WA. They are each finish filed, cleaned, finally inspected and finned by us before they're put in a box and sent to a dealer. Every ski is touched and given the thorough once-over by either Eddie or Ryan Hughes, our director of ski mounting.
    I'd be happy to discuss further if you have any more questions. sully@squareoneco.com

sully
    Mike GileScottScottThan_Bogan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,512 Administrator
    My all time fav ski is a Radar that was made in China. I ran more 38s on that black MPD than any ski since. Nothing wrong with Kung Pao Skis.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

"Director of Ski Mounting"?

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• sullyskisullyski Posts: 7 Baller
    OK, so I did just make up that title. Ryan Hughes is VERY important to our process and deserves said title. The unsung understated hero of our mfg process. VPSO- Vice President of Ski Operations?
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    yeah you know "Director of Ski Mounting"

What the hell?

• MAD11MAD11 Posts: 575 Crazy Baller
    Not sure that Strada boot being mounted will ever pass a sanitation inspection now.
  • smanskismanski Posts: 47 Baller
    Why aren't the Strada and Vice made in China also? Nothing beats a good old 'Made in China' emblem.
    Scott Hudson
  • east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 588 Solid Baller
    So the MPD, which was the top ski in it's day, was made in China?
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The top ski??? or better said a top ski, there is a difference
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,117 Baller
    The Top Ski. Radar Rocks
  • eddie_roberts_jreddie_roberts_jr Posts: 423 Water Ski Industry Professional
    We built the MPD in Taiwan, R.O.C. It's kinda like China, John.
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,806
    Taiwan is just like China, only different. :)
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 588 Solid Baller
    Well, either way, I'm back on the MPD after a year on the Sixam and loving it! The MPD is the most fluid turning ski I have had the chance to ride. What seamless edge changes!
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com
  • SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
    I bought a 67" Senate C last year from Trophy Lakes last summer. I believe this ski was made overseas. The quality looks good and the performance is there. I just mainly run 15 off through 32 off and get in the boat "dry" so to speak. Every pass feels easy and wide, just stay off the front at 32 off and she rides fine. So, that being said, I believe the fact the ski is made in China is really a non-issue.
  • RluthiRluthi Posts: 11 Baller
    I prefer to spend my money in the good ol USA. Never skied on Radar but if its not made in US i prolly never will. Im sure they ski great but i prefer to employ americans.
    GarThan_BoganScottScottBroussard
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 113 Baller
    The vapor skis are made in the US, I was fortunate enough to get a tour of the factory in Seattle by Eddie himself, and a pull on Radar's test lake to boot - awesome people!
    Dacon62schafer
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,810 Crazy Baller

oldjeepThan_BoganISP6ballAndre
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 107 Baller
    MPD = Mack P Diddy
    Matt
    MuskokaKy