Tabata style workouts

BulldogBulldog Posts: 942 Solid Baller
edited August 2011 in Other Stuff
A guy that I work with got me going on these Tabata style workouts. Its 20 seconds of as hard as you can go exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest, then repeat seven times for a total of 4 minutes. I do four different sets of different exercises with two minutes in between the sets. Perfect for my short attention span. It is a lot like a ski set, with the intensity of a short hard load followed by very little rest. I am coming back from a broken leg last fall and this has made a huge difference. Has anyone else on this site tried it? Thanks.
Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"

Comments

• webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,050 Mega Baller
    I've incorporated it into some of my training. It's definitely great for endurance for skiing sets. But whats best about it is the fact that it ramps up your metabolism for days!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,522 Administrator
    what if you do it for only 16.95 seconds and do it 6 or 8 times?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 942 Solid Baller
    Give it a try and let us know…. 20 seconds on and 10 off for eight gets an amazing burn going….
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • bxroadsbxroads Posts: 219
    Sounds pretty much like wind sprints
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,806
    A tabata is a bitch. That's one of the(if not THE) hardest workout we do at Crossfit. I usually feel pretty spent the next day.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• BulldogBulldog Posts: 942 Solid Baller
    Glad I am not the only one. lol