Radar Vice?

bstphen24bstphen24 Posts: 36 Baller
edited February 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Trying to understand where this ski fits in at. I understand the differences between it the strada and the senate c. I just don't understand how it is put above the senate c. I would think that the senate c being 100% carbon, though wider, would still put it just below the strada. And then you would see the vice followed by the senate. Does the vice having a cnc foam core really make it a cut above the senate c? Do these slight differences reflect why it is hard to find info on the vice and why you don't seem to hear about to many people skiing the vice?

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 26,736 Administrator
    It comes from the Strada mold but is a little heavier. I rode one for a set last summer. To me it is a Strada for a few less $. Most skiers would not know or feel the difference.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,178 Crazy Baller
    Its the shape of it that puts it above the Senete C. The Vice is nearly as fast as the Strada and because of its shape the turns are practically identical. I rode the Senete C and wasnt to impressed with it but I love the RS-1, Strada, Vice.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,618 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I rode both Strada and Vice for a week each this past summer. Unfortunately there was about a month between the two. Ran them both into 38. Not enough difference for me to tell but that was 2011 models.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ctsmithctsmith Posts: 281 Baller
    edited February 2012
    I'm thinking the much improved, less radical, graphics for 2012 alone will sell more of the Vice and you'll see more out there.