PerfectPass Battery Change

OldutskierOldutskier Posts: 50 Baller
edited February 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
I am sure the brain trust here can help. I have PP on an 2004 boat. It is the version that came with the boat. Not stargazer. If I change the battery (it is getting weak because of it's age), will I lose all of my PerfectPass settings? If so, is there a way to prevent this from happening? I really do not want to re-program it. I'd check the manual, but I have no idea where it is located.

Comments

• Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    I'm certain that the previous settings are saved. I take my battery out of my boat every winter during lay up and I've never had to reset mine (that I can recall) when I put it back in the boat in the spring. Always a good idea to have your settings written down somewhere anyway just in case the system freaks out and resets itself to factory default settings, I've been through that twice now.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
    [Deleted User]
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,072 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Isnt there a small battery within PP somewhere that keeps the settings? I think that is what Oldutskier is asking. Not the boat battery.
    KB
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,757 Mega Baller
    Your settings will be okay. I take my battery out every winter and the settings are there in the spring when I put it back in.
    Mark Shaffer