HO EXO 2012 new sizing

OKSkierOKSkier Posts: 119 Baller
edited February 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new sizing in the EXO line.
They have dropped the 13/14 size and only are doing the 12/13's. Dumb question maybe but wondering if they changed the 13/14 label and the 12/13's are actually the same boot.
Nobody I've talked to knows the answer.
Thanks

Comments

• Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    Can't answer your question, but will say that I am an 8.5 to 9 and the size 8 fits nice. Size 9 felt big on my foot.
  • OKSkierOKSkier Posts: 119 Baller
    Thanks Chuck very much--Also thanks for the info re the EXO bar. I will use the new one and do what you said
    Cheers
  • skiron07skiron07 Posts: 80 Baller
    I know about this first hand- HO was extremely helpful regarding this.
    The new 12/13 have about the same length as the old 13/14 and you
    can also take the rubber footbed out to add more room. I got mine and
    was surprised to find that I actually had more length than the Strada 13/14s
    that I used last summer.
    And, fwiw, the lateral support is amazing
  • OKSkierOKSkier Posts: 119 Baller
    Thanks very much for this info, really appreciate it since the HO guys I talked to at HO had no clue at all
    THanks
  • AkosAkos Posts: 2
    Does that mean that if you are Size 12 on the old model you have to move down to 11 in the 2012 model?
    That's how I understand it.
  • skiron07skiron07 Posts: 80 Baller
    Call HO and ask for Mike Dedonato...he's super
    helpful, knowledgeable and professional
  • DanEDanE Posts: 847 Crazy Baller
    How about previous issues with Exo´s regarding unexpected release, bending exo frames,pinching eyelets entering the boots etc. ?
    Anyone with first hand experience or friends that might have ?
  • DanEDanE Posts: 847 Crazy Baller
    Also, does the adapter plate look like a viable option if Youre not on a HO?
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    The bar is stiffer. Tips breakage fixed, tips are now metal. Never had a pre-release in 3 seasons. Never had an eyelet issue. Onle issue I had with the boot was peeling of the rubberized fabric in the zipper area. HO fixed that for 2012.