Washing the bottom of a new ski

sixamgregsixamgreg Posts: 2
edited May 2007 in Skis Fins Bindings
It's been a couple of years since I've gotten a new ski.  What should I clean the bottom of it with?  Right now the water forms little beads on the bottom after I ski a set.

Comments

• Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    I use a very small amount of soft scrub on a paper towel. Do not rub hard. Rinse off and ski. Wash with dish soap every now and then. Wash more if you are using a teak platform that has been redone. Lots of build up on the ski from that.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,785 Infinite Pandas
    80 grit sandpaper smooths out the wallboard look nicely. Of course sometimes I use 36 grit if the ski won't slow down.

Life's too short for fine sandpaper.

Eric
    [Deleted User]
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,967 Administrator
    Now you guys know why I make fun of Eric!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

80 grit is pretty tough on plaster Eric. You need to go easy and wear eye protection. In your case a jig saw comes in handy also.
  • auskierauskier Posts: 449 Baller
    haha. the first time i watched andy's video i laughed my head off during the ski tuning part. i thought he was going to take the file to the thing. but then wrapped it in sandpaper. still crazy in my opinion. ill never do it to my stick.
    Toby
  • DWDW Posts: 1,951 Mega Baller
    I would be curious to know if other Goode ski users notice a polishing of the bottom of the ski over time?
    They must because I have black paint all over my platform.