Cant give my Elite away!

Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,608 Mega Baller
edited February 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Posted a 2011 Elite on Ebay for a quick sale.... Are they that bad? Maybe I should mount it up and take ride on it.
At $475.00 no takers!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 26,967 Administrator
    Weird. I have three that I am going to put on Craigslist for $474.99

Seriously try Ski-It-Again and or CraigsList.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,970 Mega Baller
    edited February 2012
    In my opinion the type of skiers who would buy an Elite would not go look on Ebay.. only SIA or this site. To bad I already own one. They are a great ski
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,407 Crazy Baller
    I'd be all over it if I didn't already have one as well. It should go fast at that price on SIA.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,840 Mega Baller
    What size?
    Mark Shaffer
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,608 Mega Baller
    It is on Ski-it-again but not for the quick sale like on e-bay. I think it is on ski-it-again or $700.00.
    It is a 67".
    I throw all kinds items that I collect here at the shop up on e-bay all the time. it gets me my fun Money!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• skier2788skier2788 Posts: 725 Crazy Baller
    @jody seal what are you looking to get out of it if you posted it on ebay at 475? I might be interested in it for that price. Rode one last summer and really liked it but wanted to stay brand loyal and buy a strada. Your ski might make me change my mind.
    Travis Torley
    Well it is on e-bay for $475 plus shipping of $75.00. Then again Horton has three of them for $474.99 plus shipping.. You want it for what I have it on E-bay for it is yours let me know I will close the bidding on e-bay.

edited February 2012
    I will go down to $300 but only after Jodi sells his. (That is a joke Jodi)

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,444 Mega Baller
    I have 2 on SIA with a handful of inquiries. Seems like when Andy quit promoting them, the interest dried up from pure perception. The Elite really is a great ski.

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=16638
    http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=16637
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    Well If we cant sell em we could pool them all together and make Adirondack chairs out of them.
    http://store.lakehouselifestyle.com/vintage-waterski-adirondack-chair-p48.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase

• WishWish Posts: 7,676 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    They would last longer then those silly old woodn ones.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,390 Mega Baller
    Jody, Might want to take another set of pictures. Yours on evilpay look wacked.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Looks like I gave it away! well sold it for the E-bay price. It has a new owner. The proceeds will help fund my thunder down under in two weeks!

• ctsmithctsmith Posts: 281 Baller
    edited February 2012
    Post deleted
    I have a slightly stiff one that is NOT for sale. It is one of my all time favorite skis.

I have one in each size. Basically new. If anyone wants one shoot me an email Priced to get out of my ski room.

• WishWish Posts: 7,676 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    "I have a slightly stiff one that is NOT for sale. It is one of my all time favorite"

Had to read that twice.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    I'm talking about a ski! darn they've got me laughing

• teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 753 Crazy Baller
    With the RTM process those skis should be as good as the day they were made.
    Why are so many people dumping them?
    Has anyone flexed them against the original numbers
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,444 Mega Baller
    I flex tested both of mine. The 67 had 2 months and the 68 had a full season. Both were dead on the original numbers.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • MSMS Posts: 5,104 Mega Baller
    Tommy John Surgery
    Shut up and ski
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Most people I know who have skied one said they just took big hit after big hit out of the bouy, and as MS notes, they were hurting their elbows and shoulders. That being said, my son skis on an Elite and he keeps it moving like nothing I've ever seen -- it just rolls straight through from pre-turn to turn to hook up without ever slowing down. Suggests to me that it is perhaps somewhat ski style specific.
    Jim Ross
    Razors kid and Dawg are the only smooth people that I have seen on the elite. I would add Karen Stevens and a few others but overall not many.
    Shut up and ski
    So, am I not smooth? I have never had bad elbows or shoulders!! Ugly knees, maybe. You are so mean and hurtful!! Oh, you mean smooth skiing. Never mind!
    That's why I am on a Fisher. You still mad??
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,756 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    My wife loves her 65.5. I have talked to her about trying a D3 this Spring, but at the moment she is hearing nothing of it. She was a buoy off her her PB of [email protected] this past summer, and she did that 3 kids ago! I am hoping the RTM durability is for real because it will be hard to get her off the Elite.
    Thager looks much better on the Fish but I am glad he bought my Elite from me.
    Shut up and ski
  • andybandyb Posts: 63 Baller
    I went from the Elite to a blue fischer last year and still got my Elite tried to sell it but no takers yet. Will try again in a month time but don't fancy giving it away though.