What would capture your interest?

WishWish Posts: 7,071 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited February 2012 in Peripheral
If you were looking at a web site of a beautiful man made ski lake with buying interests, what would you want to see more of; photos of a variety of skiers skiing or property shots? Which would peak your interest as a potential buyer and get you to visit in person. Would you want video.
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• ralral Posts: 1,677 Mega Baller
    Bikinis?

Talking seriously, I guess it depends on the targeted buyers.

I guess that the most important aspects on any development are

1) Location. Surrounding areas, schools, parks, attractions, etc...
    2) Lake. Highlighting the design details, shores, islands, club house, dock, etc
    3) Property shots. Views, sunsets, etc...
    4) Infrastructure. Gates, roads, etc...

IMHO for a serious skier interested in buying, videos or pics of skiers do not help at all. Obviously, you need to put some, but a 10 min video of skiers is not the way to go. Video covering the 4 points mentioned above, yes.

Again, just MHO.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,721 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I would think surrounding views...sometimes these are dug in a farm field with nothing around them and not exactly scenic. As someone with kids, I would not want it in po-dunk w/po-dunk schools as the only option. Year round climate link. Pics that demonstrate water clarity if present. Other amenities such as the tennis courts, a separate swimming area or swimming pond with fun kid equipment. Plat map.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,989 Mega Baller
    I agree with @ral. Make sure you include a google map so I can surf around the neighborhood and, as a skier, offer to set me up with a practice pull (assuming the lake is complete) if I'm a serious potential buyer and you have my interest.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,798
    edited February 2012
    Location! The closer to work the better since most of us still have to work.

http://www.lastchancelakes.com
    http://www.bearhollowlakes.com
    http://www.stillwaterlakes.info
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 968 Solid Baller
    edited February 2012
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • WishWish Posts: 7,071 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ok let's say you had the above mentioned. What if any would skiing pics make in the interest of the property. Is one pic of slalom, one of jump, and maybe trick or tubing enough?
    "What if any would skiing pics make in the interest of the property."

You need to rephrase that...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • WishWish Posts: 7,071 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited February 2012
    In my head that sentence sounded perfect. Hmmmm? Need to have my head checked. My Question should have been...Ok let's say you have all the above mentioned on the site. Do the pictures of skiers (verios disciplines) actually using the lake make enough of an impact to where you would want to see more then a few photos....or is that enough. For me watching some if the vids Brent posts not only gets me interested in the skiing but often makes me want to "know where that place is" I'll look at it a second time just to look at the glimpses of the site/lake.
    I think a video starting with skiing and then focusing on the property might work. However, you need to be careful who you will be targeting. If you just put shortline skiers, beginners might feel not included. If you put kids tubing, non-family oriented slalom junkies might feel... Well, you get the idea.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,798
    One reason lots on man-made ski lakes in Utah are so much is because there are very few places to water ski on good water in a course in Utah, supply vs demand. Also the costs involved to build in Utah are higher than in the south like Texas.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,989 Mega Baller
    After giving this some more thought and, ironically, seeing the pictures of @ral lake again, I would suggest if you want to post pictures it would be awesome to have a picture of the lake from each lot so I can have an 'idea' of what it could look like from my house. Likewise, if there's something special or spectacular (mountains, ocean view, etc) from the "non-lake side" post that picture too. I'm thinking a page on a website with the plot plan on it and links which can open the picture.

Frankly, I don't need to see 18 slalom skiers, 10 jumpers and/or 10 trickers to know it's a ski lake. A single shot slightly off center with the whole slalom/jump course in veiw is enough (with or without a skier). Perhaps a second, more "picturesque' shot from the main dock, clubhouse, wherever is fine too. That fact you are calling it a ski lake is enough to convince me it IS a ski lake. The long shot would give me an idea if it's 250' wide or 500' wide, whether it has trees or other wind break, whether it's more "mature" around it or not, etc. Once you've got my interest enough to get me onsite I can learn if I'll be 5' off shore at the 600' buoy while I'm jumping or not.

For many of us, I suspect it's more important to have something to convince the spouse that it's worth pursuing more information. A coulple skiers may get my attention, an awesome view helps get her attention!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President