Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

waterski apps?

akale15akale15 Posts: 141 Baller
edited March 2012 in Other Stuff
Are there any skiing progression apps out there? I know a few companies have some apps but just to promote new products...

It would be nice to have an app like the proskicoach website to chart progression:
sets, fin settings, ski tests, ect...
testMattP

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,273 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Radar's app allows for that: Date, settings, and a place for notes if you turn the phone sideways.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    test
  • testtest Posts: 29 Mega Baller
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    @akale15 I am working on one right now that will have that feature as well as many other great features.
    In my opnion Radars app is good, but it has never worked right for me. It always freezes. I have built my own app I use for myself to log my sets but I am working on it now to get all the bugs out so all y'all ballers can use it.

Would you pay for an app with a log feature and others? What else would you like to see?
    Thought there was a BOS app in the works? For the IPhone? Radar I think fixed their app. Used to freeze and do stupid stuff. Had an update not to long ago and seems to function. Yes I would pay and what I'd like to see is ease of use and ability to call on past history either through a search function or spreadsheet look or both.
    @Wish Yes. There is. Should be coming out within a month. I am waiting on @Horton to go over it so I can push it to Apple... He is a busy guy.
    I have thought about combining these two app ideas. Possibly it could be done. The thought behind the ballofspray app is that it would be simple for the user to use. News page, forum and twitter feed right now. There is always room to improve and add to the app. This is where the log and other features would come in. Or I can make a separate app that has all of these features in it.
    @MattP. Will the app allow uploads of photos from iPhone camera roll or photo albums? Also will we be able to do bookmarking and PMs?
    @Wish upload photos into the forum or into the app for others to see? All functions of the forum will be available in the App as it is on the site.
    Cool! Lookn forward to it. Need a ginny pig to test app?
    edited March 2012
    @Wish I do have a small group that does my testing for ballofscores and have tested the ballofspray app. Ambre Franc, Dan Oliver, Gabi Viljoen, Krista Rogers, and Horton when he can find his iPod. But when I get this one more out of my design phase I would be open to having a small group of people to test it.
    I would be more up to making my waterski app that has features that you the users request. Than me dumping in tens if not hundreds of hours into making something I would like to use and no one else would.
    Count me in as a tester. I'll think on what I'd like to see for use and user friendliness and get back to you. It'll be worth a whopping 2cents.
    edited March 2012
    @Wish you never know some silly ideas usually turn into some pretty cool ones. Example 1. @BallOfScores
    Just message or email me your ideas.
  • akale15akale15 Posts: 141 Baller
    @MattP - any update on the app?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,331 Administrator
    BallOfScores was never a silly idea unless it was @mattp 's idea. If it was mine it is genius

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• TriplettTriplett Posts: 206 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    *cough* Android Version *cough* :)
    Brent Triplett - Michigan
    @Triplett
    *cough $ *cough

Yeah I'm working on finishing up BOScores 3.0 for iPhone I wanted to have it out by now but, road blocks are road blocks. Sorry. Android version is on the list @Horton is still holding that one up.

As for the Ski app I will go back and take another look at the code I have and see the direction I want to go. It will take a lot of back end set up I think... I will post when I have more solid base. If y'all have ideas of what you want to see in a ski app, shoot me an email or message
  • TriplettTriplett Posts: 206 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I am just giving you crap, @mattP works his a off getting these done for free, good work!!!
    Brent Triplett - Michigan
    Thanks @Triplett I do what I can packed into my busy life!
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,968 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I use and love this ski log on my Android phone. http://www.yourskilog.com/ap
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • raynrayn Posts: 361 Baller
    I created a simple Google docs form that I use to track sets, actually I think it was inspired from something Horton posted. It could easily be upgraded to track more items. The form saves all the information into a spreadsheet and can be accessed on a webpage from any browser.

I loaded the template, so anyone could just create a new doc from this template in Google docs. The templates name is SKI 2012.
    Ray Newmark -
  • OldutskierOldutskier Posts: 50 Baller
    The radar apps freezes on me. Recently, I rolled my own using "Tap Forms LT." This is some sort of database app for the iPhone. I just created a form that has the following.
    Date of Set
    Start speed/length
    Finish speed/length
    Finish buoy count
    Weather/Water Temp
    Notes

Most of the fields are just a check box for the relevant data such at 34/15, 34/22 and so on. This way I can log my info with minimal effort and keystrokes. If anyone wants the template, please just PM me. You can purchase the app and then use the template. So far so good.