Where is the water!

rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
edited April 2012 in Other Stuff
This is Folsom Lake located outside of Sacramento CA. Pretty dismal . Luckily I dont ski here!

Photobucket

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 26,530 Administrator
    Don't we have a big snow pack this winter? Snow now = water in summer

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• Not_The_PugNot_The_Pug Posts: 561 Solid Baller
    Not up here in Northern CA. The snow pack is very low. I can take pictures of my snow skis from yesterday to prove it. :)
    Thought mammoth got a ton of snow - just late. Bummer.

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• usaski1usaski1 Posts: 717 Crazy Baller
    the drought is moving from TX to CA... The south drought is and will improve. The CA drought will increase.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,253 Mega Baller
    Horton - apparently you are living under a water skier/non-snow slider rock. The snow pack for this winter just barely exceeds that of the drought year of '76/'77, which was an all time low for the Sierras. We are at about 37% of normal snow pack. Our reservoirs, though low, have enough water to get us through this year, but if we have another dry winter next year, we will be looking at a bunch of dead lawns.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    I have been wrong before and chances are it will happen again

• A_BA_B Posts: 4,023 Mega Baller
    I have been trying to give water away for the last couple of summers.
    Free, you load and transport.

I'd like to drop 2 feet at least. No where for it to drain to. Maybe I can build another lake and fill it with runoff?
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 820 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @OB, Is that your lake or your pictures from nationals? :)
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,404 Mega Baller
    If you dropped your glasses in Folsom Lake last year, may I suggest that now is a good time to look for them.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    [Deleted User]