Skiing Around Pittsburgh

diverson52diverson52 Posts: 1 Baller
edited April 2012 in Mostly Slalom
I just accepted a job in the Pittsburgh area, so my family and I will be moving out there over the next couple of months. I have a young family (two girls 2 and 4), and would like to find a lake that would be good for the family and give me a chance to run the course. Anyone know of anything in and around the Pittsburgh area?

• KMKM Posts: 161 Baller
    There is a slalom course on the Allegheny River behind Nine Mile Island. The name of the ski club is called Golden Triangle Water Ski Club. There are also a number of private tournament ski lakes in PA and OH within about a 2 hour drive.
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 380 Baller
    I lived in the Pittsburgh area all my life until 2 yrs ago. There's 3-4 private sites and used to be 4-5 sites on public water. OH has many more private sites.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,932 Mega Baller
    Dave's Pond in Eire Pa. is one of the nicest ski lakes in the East. It would be a weekend site for you, but well the trip. Most of the club members are from Pburgh.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • nam1975nam1975 Posts: 109 Baller
    Also some clubs around Youngstown...less than an hour depending where you live.... might help
  • nate93nate93 Posts: 61 Baller
    If you are looking for a place to move and can be an hour or so north check out Lake Latonka. Just off of I-79. Shoot me an email if you have questions.

Nate Stein
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 223 Baller
    I lived there for a few years, actually just north of The Pitt in Cranberry Twp. Just across the 80/OH boarder, in Lima maybe(?), there is a private place. Good people, but can't remember the owners name. If I find it I'll PM ya.
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • diverson52diverson52 Posts: 1 Baller
    Thanks all... At least I have a place to start.
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,029 Baller
    I ski on Lake Latonka. I am hoping the get the course put back in before the end of April. Waiting for the lake to fill up (4 inches to go). Look me up..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,029 Baller
    There is also Big Rock Pond in Perryopolis which is south of Pittsburgh. I have never been there though.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 380 Baller
    Big Rock is a nice, but short lake. The owner and other skiers are very nice.