Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 @ -38 new PB!!

markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 884 Crazy Baller
edited June 2012 in Technique & Theory
Toot tooten my own horn!!! Saturday night off the dock 15, 22, 28, 32! slow the boat to 33.6mph and Boom ran my first -35 on utah water making it my 2nd ever -35!! My good friend in the boat @Jasonhutchins automaticly shortens to -38 and im like "but" and he's like "no buts about it gangsta"!! Boom 1 @ -38 with a slow boat! Let me say this! thanks to slowing the boat down I am now running 80% of my 32's at full speed. I feel a full speed 35 going down in the next two weeks!! Stoked on the @chrisrossi @radarskis Strada!!!!
MC
Ski it if you can!!!!
BulldogSteven Haines

Comments

• scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 4,013 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Great skiing @markchilcutt, will be fun to watch you and the other men's 3 skiers at tournaments in Utah that are working on 35'.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • GarnGarn Posts: 446 Crazy Baller
    Go ahead and toot your own horn Mark. You earned it!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    Nice!

Jason Hutchins is in Utah these days? I was wondering where he went. Say hi from New England for me! :)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Yes, Jason is in Utah now which is the new place to be!
    Klundell
    Not sure New England was ever the place to be for waterskiing. It's kind of amazing that some top pros like Beauchesne and Rossi came out of the frozen northeast. (Of course those bastages take away my best excuse... grrrr.)
    Utah has warm summers and relatively (still too cold to water ski) mild winters in the valley with deep mountain snow.
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 884 Crazy Baller
    @garn Thanks for helping me feel better about this post (hate to toot my own horn)!! Dont i owe you a set and a cold beverage still lol?
    @thanbogan ill tell Jason you said Hi!!!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    If there's anywhere where we can appreciate some self-horn-tooting, it's here.

We all know how hard we work at this!!
    @thanbogan that it for sure my wife tells me i am obsessed with turning bouys!!!! I beg to differ i think i have great balance!! balance on a ski that is lol!!!
    MC
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,641 Mega Baller
    @markchilcutt that is a very cool new PB. I guarantee that when I turn 1 ball at 38 off the first time I will let everyone know.
    Mark Shaffer
    @markchilcutt As far as obsessions go, it's a pretty healthy one.

Go Chef! I'm *almost* positive this is the year you'll be starting the Banging Your Head On Purple phase of your career!
    @chef23 thanks man!! i guess when i stop and think about it its a pretty big deal.
    @thanbogan agreed definetly a healthy obsession!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • KlundellKlundell Posts: 432 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @markchilcutt way to go man! I've been known to toot my own horn a few times on here as well. It took me 8 years of skiing from the time I ran my first 32 in a tournament until I ran my first 35 so it is a BIG DEAL!
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,017 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @markchilcutt
    That's awesome! I can't wait till (or if) the day comes where I can say the same! IMO, any pass starting with a 3 is a big deal, and a serious accomplishment!
    Scott Calderwood
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @markchilcutt -- very cool! Every time I made a significant achievement in this sport has always been such a high! All the way from making that first pass at 15 off and 28 mph through to today, I've gotten a huge kick out of every one. congratulations!
    Jim Ross
  • DALDAL Posts: 33 Baller
    Gret work man.
  • konakona Posts: 529 Baller
    Props
    Bob Boyle - I am my girls father
  • GregDavisGregDavis Posts: 273 Solid Baller
    How neat, all positive posts. Yep we are all junkies.
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,402 Crazy Baller
    Congratulations! If you can't toot your own horn here, where can you toot it? I know there have been times when I've PB'd and had no one to tell. When you're riding that high, it's kind of a bummer not to be able to share it.
    Thanks all!!!!!!! super stoked about it cant wait to get back on the water!!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • GarnGarn Posts: 446 Crazy Baller
    Mark ..... yes you do. But its going to have to wait until probably next year. I go in for surgery tomorrow to get my achilles reattached.
  • ralral Posts: 1,690 Mega Baller
    @Garn, what binding were you using?
    Rodrigo Andai