Used Ski Nautique Rudder?

JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 494
edited June 2012 in Boat Talk
Anyone know where I can get a used non-tunable Ski Nautique rudder for my 1997 Ski Nautique? I am hoping someone from the site might have upgraded to a newer tunable rudder and would like get rid of there old one.
JC McCavit

Comments

• JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 494
    Anyone know if there is a tournament ski boat salvage yard or something similar?
    JC McCavit
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,633 Mega Baller
    Try Correctcraftfan.com
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
    Jody, I thought you were practically giving those 11a rudders away (the non gold ones signed by John Wayne). ;)

JC, you missed mine by about a year. Good luck. They pop up on CCFan every now and again.
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com
  • hubersmarinehubersmarine Posts: 1 New Baller
    I have a brand new 1997 rudder. Give me a call at 219-362-2605 ask for Cory.
  • Warning this was a scam. I called Cory and committed to the Rudder. Call back the next day to arrange shipping and payment. I was told the rudder was sold on e-bay. This post came from a marine dealer in Indiana . I would be very weary of this company if you see anything posted from hubermarine in the future.
    JC McCavit
  • InboardfixInboardfix Posts: 112 Baller
    @Jc mcCavit Not sure if you're dead set on a non-tunable but I have several tunable rudders.
  • @Inboardfix. I was just looking for a spare. I customized my original with a trim tab. I haven't had the chance to test it. I was looking for a cheap backup in case I screwed up the original. hubermarine quoted $100.00 brand new. Seemed like to good of deal to pass up. I should have known better. If my rudder conversion does not work out. I will be emailing you. Thanks
    JC McCavit
    @rico They are a mix. Some are used and some are cosmetic blems. None had the trim tabs so the tabs will be new. Cheap is relative when talking about a $600+ rudder. These are $375.00.
  • @rico- I'll keep you in mind if the trim tab I added to my rudder does not work out. @Inboardfix - What type of cosmetic blems do the rudders have? Are you doing the machining or out sourcing? You might advertise converting older Nautique rudders to tunable rudders with a trim tab. Anyone know the year when Correct Craft installed the tunable rudders as standard equipment?
    JC McCavit
    @JC McCavit 2001 is when CC introduced the tunable rudder. Some have minor surface perocity ( not sure of spelling), and some have a stain so weren't used on a new boat. All the blems are on the blade not the shaft. The used rudders came from test "mules" which were destroyed once molds were cut.
  • JMNJMN Posts: 28 Baller
    @inboardfix, I am interested in upgrading my '93 SN to the tunable rudder. Will the original rudder port and tiller arm work with this rudder or would I need to replace them as well? Thanks.
    @JMN These are 11A rudders just like your original except w/trim tab. You will not have to replace the rudder port or tiller arm. Thanks for your interest.