US Gear Handles Review

HortonHorton Posts: 23,522 Administrator
edited June 2012 in Ski Tests

http://www.usgearonline.com/

Not my clearest review ever but you get the idea..

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Comments

• BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,806
    I wish you would stop doing video reviews. They force me to spend money.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,522 Administrator
    @ShaneH The videos are really just so you can laugh at me. I thought females took all your money

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• dbskidbski Posts: 167 Crazy Baller
    I've been using the bent US Gear handle for years. Being older it really seems much easier on the body. I also love the smooth ends versus knobs. When I pick up a straight handle with knobs now I can't imagine skiing with it!
    Rick Bohn
    Horton
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,882 Crazy Baller
    I have been using one for about 1.5 season. I wouldn't go back. I have not had any mis-handles that I can think of since I started using mine. I believe it is partly because you can actually grab the part of the handle the turns down (i.e. the start of the bridle) and still get all the leverage you need until the next release. You can't pull against the rope part of the bridle on a normal handle and you usually wind up with a couple of fingers hanging off the end of the bar.
    Bob Grizzi
    Horton
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,456 Crazy Baller
    I've been on USG for years and love them. Randy Dyer is a great supplier to our sport and makes great products. Don't forget to install and ArmGuard.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,359 Mega Baller
    I've been thinking of ordering a 13" bent handle from them. With the grip density they offer a "standard" and an "ultimate custom grip". Anybody have any preferences on these or info to help me decide?
    I have not had their ultimate custon grip; but, the standard is great. It wears great and is plenty grippy.
    Bob Grizzi
  • randydyarrandydyar Posts: 10 Baller
    @gregy our Ultimate Custom grip is our newest rubber to our product line. Tested by Gordon Rathbun and top Skiers that visited Ski Paradise within the last year!! Gordon was the one to pressure me adding this new rubber... It is a softer and more tackier grip.
    Both Handles John has tested did have the New UCG.
    @skibug Beverly's .950 Handle is the UCG.. maybe she can help after skiing with her new handle. Should be received the end of week..
  • scuppersscuppers Posts: 391 Baller
    I got the whole US Gear Set up about a month ago, Pro V 12" .940 and the Knotless main line. I really like it! I was a custom grip guy for the last 15+ years. This is much better. Elbows quit hurting, haven't missed a handle grab yet, dead on on the length, and my driver (wifey) really likes the knotless rope. Oh yea the handle does NOT propeller in the water on a return after a fall.
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,522 Administrator
    What ever that rubber is I like it

@randydyar, did the repair on my handle work out. For the rest of the ballers following this thread, I had a self induced incident with one of my handle and Randy offered to try a little experiment on it to repair a gouge I put in the rubber. Customer service is outstanding.
    Bob Grizzi
    @skibug, The Adhesive is not dry just yet, Arizona heat is cooking thou. took some photos of my steeps and will post later if successful.
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,023 Baller
    I have an old straightline handle which is similar to those. I like a 1'' diameter and 13'' inch. It does not matter if it is straight or radius. I will check those out the next time I buy slalom handles.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot