S2 Not the Review

HortonHorton Posts: 23,557 Administrator
edited June 2012 in Ski Tests
I am really struggling to write the S2 review.
What I can tell you is that I am skiing as well as I ever have and that I am awestruck by this ski. What is keeping me from a new PB is not the ski.

I run 38 a few times a year. My life time count of 38s is about 25. I generally get around 3 or 4 on a good day.

In the last seven tries at 38 I have gotten around 5 ball and back to the wakes five times, 4.5 once and 3 once. The score of 3 was because my gate, one and entry to two were so good that my brain froze.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

MattP

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,843 Mega Baller
    @Horton what size are you on? Do you think a 67.5" would work for someone that weighs 215?
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,557 Administrator
    The 67.5 is a big ski. At 190 I think i could ride the next size down. So maybe...

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• WishWish Posts: 6,750 Mega Baller
    @Horon Put up some settings please. Boots, fin. Just curious. Mine shorter so it may not apply. I ran 2 -35s in a stupid head tail this evening. I'm trying to dial in 35s so they are second nature. Slapped on some ventrals per @Ed Johnson and it's going well. For the life of me I can't figure out why have not shortened to 38. Lack of skiing I suppose. This week will give it a whirl. I need to....tourney this Sat.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,557 Administrator
    Not sure why you would use Vent on this ski.... I am currently at bone stock. I was stock and DFT back a little. Stock is really really good for me. I had my boots back ... it sucked!

• WishWish Posts: 6,750 Mega Baller
    Only have 2 sets with the vents. Just wanted to try them. What can I say but so far it skies better with them. Have not had the best conditions though. I was very skeptical doing it to this ski but wanted to try. It's not as dramatic of a change as it was with my 9800sl. Will see.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<