Ski recommendations for a friend

WBLskierWBLskier Posts: 375 Baller
edited June 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
A friend of mine is looking to tackle the course and needs a ski. He is 6'5 275 lbs. He will probably never be looking to cut a lot of line, so probably something that he could get through at 15 off 30 mph would be sufficient for a while. With his size, I am thinking he needs a pretty wide ski, even if he gives up a little on turnability. He also is not looking to spend too much, so it really doesn't need to be one of the top end skis we all have. A more all around ski would be fine. Any suggestions for someone like this?

Comments

• matejamateja Posts: 23 Baller
    I have a friend who is 230 lbs, skis 28-30 mph. He just picked up a P-6 and it's been working out nicely for him.
    Feed the addiction
  • WBLskierWBLskier Posts: 375 Baller
    Can he run the course okay on it? What size is he on? I am thinking a 71 for my friend but that just sounds so big...but he is a big guy.
  • matejamateja Posts: 23 Baller
    He's new to the course so working on 15 off but the ski seems course capable at that line length and speed. He's on the 71.
    Feed the addiction
  • DscholfieldDscholfield Posts: 30 Baller
    I have a friend whose about 6'2-3 220 and hes riding last years HO triumph 68". He runs the course at roughly 32-34/-15. Id check that one out too.
  • MJEMJE Posts: 100 Baller
    2012 71" HO Triumph would be a good one to try