Need help on picking out a ski

Cupcake77Cupcake77 Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in Mostly Slalom
Hi I'm very new to slalom Skiing and would like some opinions on the best ski to purchase.
I'm a female that is 5ft tall and weigh about 120lbs, I've just recently tried slalom skiing and LOVE IT. I've only used a ski that is from a double set (cheap) and wanting to purchase a better ski which will allow me to learn and progress. Also since I'm able to deep water start with both feet in bindings would it be better to go with a double boot or is there a better option? Not looking to spend a lot of money on my first ski since I plan on purchasing another as I progress in skill.

• scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,704
    I would say go to and look for a used 65" D3 Nomad RC/RCX which are very user friendly.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • MJEMJE Posts: 103 Baller
    HO Couture or Radar Lyric might be good options as well. As far as double boots, that's really a matter of personal preference.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,102 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Any thing d3 for you to get your feet wet!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,702 Mega Baller
    I don't have a real ski recommendation; just wanted to say:

Welcome to the addiction!!

Hope you have as much fun with it as I have!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,724 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    D3 X Custom would be an awesome choice.
    Scott Calderwood
  • DUSkierDUSkier Posts: 134 Baller
    + 1 on Couture or Lyric can't go wrong with either, both are available in 65" which will suit your size. Both will cover a wide range of ability so you should not "Out Ski" them in a hurry. 2013 HO Triumph may be an option too but yet to see other than in catalouge.
    Nigel Sparrow
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,901 Crazy Baller
    D3 all the way (X5, Custom X, Nomad RC, Nomad RCX)...a lot of women have had success with the D3 X5 model, especially the 2005 - 2006 model years. Very stable, they turn no matter what you do, and it is plenty of ski to take you as far as you want to go.
    Bob Grizzi
  • Cupcake77Cupcake77 Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone!!