Strada boot size?

MazdaMazda Posts: 8 New Baller
edited June 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
After reading the many positive comments on the Strada boots, I'm considering getting the 2012 version (double boots). My question is about the size I should get. I'm size 11 in street shoes and 12 in running shoes.

For those using the 2012, what size do you recommend?

Thank you.

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,919 Mega Baller
    edited June 2012
    for 2012, the liners are more plush/thicker, so probably the 12, Darren @ Wiley's told me that some people that have between sized feet (9.5/10.5/11.5), usually need the size larger
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • DscholfieldDscholfield Posts: 30 Baller
    I have a 9.5 shoe size, the 10s fit with pretty much a 1/4-1/2" in front of the toes, so definitly go a size larger or if you can try some on. If your ordering online maybe see about liner exhanges too, just in case.
  • east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 588 Solid Baller
    I am on an older set of Stradas and have a size 10.5 foot. The size 11 boots have been fine for me.
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 742 Solid Baller
    I went with a size 10 shell and a size 11 liner (old style).
    Anthony Warren
  • KillerKiller Posts: 236 Baller
    on the 2nd year RS1s and they fit great. I'm an 8.5-9mens and went with teh size 9. the 10s were HUGE on me.

Like any liner, they will pack out over time and use.

anyone with context on the difference in sizing between the RS1 and new stradas?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,663
    Try them on first and realize they will pack out and mold to your feet when you heat mold them. If they are still tight after you heat mold them you can heat mold them a second time with a thick sock on to make them bigger. I measure a 9.5 and use size 9 RS-1's, I hear the 2012 Strada is a lot like the original with the thicker liners.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,160 Mega Baller
    I'm a 10.5 shoe but need an 11 Strada, and it was still tight in length until I heat molded them.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... because understanding is better than memorizing
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,779 Mega Baller
    I am a 12 in everything, and the old silver/grey 12 was a little loose in the shell and the new gold 12 is a little snug. Both fit my foot fine though..