30 days
15%
HortonKelvinThan_BoganToddL41offRich 6 votes
60 days
10%
jedgellskibugMAD11Jody_Seal 4 votes
this summer
65%
skidawgRogerscotchipmandislandA_BBoodyChef23JC McCavitSteven HainesBoneHeadRpc29monza man9400Jim NeelyEd_Johnsonjdarwinbmiller3536KrleekfennellTylerR 26 votes
next year
2%
MattP 1 vote
more than a year
7%
eyepeelerjackskiTaelan28 3 votes
Dave Island- Princeton Lakes

Comments

• eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 127 Baller
    more than a year
    You are talking in a record, right?
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    this summer
    Who cares if it's in a record or not. The first time one of the current Masters Men front runners runs in it even in a Class C will really up the level of competition from the other competitors to try and match that. It'll fall this year in a Record at some point.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 127 Baller
    more than a year
    I care if it's in a record. 41 is nothing if the driver is swerving.
  • GregDavisGregDavis Posts: 273 Solid Baller
    This weekend you might see 41 go down. At Nautique Big Dawg Cypress Lakes TX
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,632 Mega Baller
    30 days
    I tend to agree that for 41 and beyond, the additional scrutiny of a Record at least moderately impacts my faith in the performance. I know if I'm the driver I wouldn't trust it without somebody reviewing my boat path video!

I believe -41 will fall very fast if Mapple and Rogers are serious about skiing at 34. And I also wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the "existing" top Big Dawgers gets it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,665
    edited June 2012
    this summer
    This summer, just need to get Andy or Drew to ski one!
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
  • brodybrody Posts: 283 Baller
    drew has a good shot at it, if not it will fall as soon as andy skiis in a tourney with decent conditions
  • 41off41off Posts: 43 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    30 days
    I know as a skier I don't want any help from a driver swerving. In fact when I travel and ski at different sites I tell the driver to drive like you was being filmed. It doesn't help you become a better skier if the driver is swerving. But back to -41 I believe it will go down by a BD skier soon.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    this summer
    Swerving is not as beneficial as one may think, 41 is a rare beast, conditions have to be right, drivers and skiers have to both b in sync! A swerving driver can do as much harm as good. I tell my drivers the same thing @41off
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    eyepeelerHorton
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,162 Mega Baller
    this summer
    Drew, Andy & Rogers are the most likely and there a few BD skiers making it in practice, but I wouldn't be too suprized if Regina or Whitney pulled one off either; they both want it baaaaad!
    www.FinWhispering.com ... because understanding is better than memorizing
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    A driver swerve off the timing of the pass could really screw you up. Even the best would have a difficult time swerving in a way that worked. Drive and counter appropriately especially at the shortest lines. At longer lines I'm guilty of watching a bit. When it gets short it's all down to business.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    eyepeeler
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,374 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    this summer
    I guess some believe that swerving only happens in Class C events. How naive. I've seen worse driving in ELR events than in the Class C events I've attended. The fact that the boat path is only reviewed once a record is set is not convincing evidence that "record capable" boat paths are driven 100% of the time. That being said, if 41 is run I would suspect that some video confirmation of not only the boat path but also the boat video would be helpful. I've seen records acheived by skiers going inside 6 ball - and the boat path was perfect.
    Joe Darwin
    eyepeeler
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 584 Crazy Baller
    Pulled Dawg into 41 twice last weekend. I am not a good enough driver to weave . I just take it down the middle and make sure not to hurt she skier by over correcting. Like Jay said drive like you are being filmed.
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,414 Mega Baller
    this summer
    I agree with @skidawg. I don't ski that short, but I can tell you for sure that when I run 38 off I want the boat driver to be straight down the middle and in synch with me. A lot of times as a skier I can't tell the difference between drivers at anything through -35. At -38 I can always tell when the driver is right with me and I'm skiing well -- it feels almost magical. You don't help a shortline skier by moving the boat around!
    Jim Ross