Who'll run -41 @ 34 first?

Steven HainesSteven Haines Posts: 914 Solid Baller
edited June 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
my vote for the ex pro category would be Mapple 1st, then Rodgers out of sheer tenacity. As for the Big Dawgs, it seems that SkiDawg is on a tear already this year. Best of luck to all!!!

Comments

• DanEDanE Posts: 782 Crazy Baller
    Regina maybe?
    H2OSkiGirl
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,414 Mega Baller
    I think Rodgers is going to get it, but AM might beat him to the punch. Seems that any one of a number of BD skiers could punch it on a particularly good day. It is always difficult to handicap. From experience as I've worked down the line I know that there is a big difference between getting 3-4 at your toughest pass and making it out the end gates.
    Jim Ross
  • KeownFILMSKeownFILMS Posts: 34 Baller
    Rodgers, on his mystery ski.
  • Steven HainesSteven Haines Posts: 914 Solid Baller
    Razor, youre right! It definitely takes a certain mental awareness, toughness and confidence to take it to the next level. It seems to me (but I don't know squat! Lol) that there's a lot of momentum out there right now with some REAL talent looking to up the ante. The mark has been there at -41 for a while now with a number of guys chiseling at it. I think it's going down soon!

KeownFILMS, Come on man! Spill the beens! I know you're holding back! Ha ha
    Nope, ha. Any one of those guys could do it at any given tournament, but my money would be on Jeff.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,883 Crazy Baller
    Rodgers at Little Mountian Lake #2 where he set the WR, in September at the the Fall record.
    Bob Grizzi
    Ski bug, I like it! Specifics even. Lol
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,632 Mega Baller
    I suppose if forced to lay down money I'd go with Rodgers (only because I'm not quite certain when Mapple will actually compete).

But my GUT is telling me it's going to be our very own skidawg!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Than, I'm with you on that Skidawg character! He's got some momentum building.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,435 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I'm with Steven and Than on this one. Skidawg is looking like the best bet at this point. He just jumped into #1 position on the M3 ranking list.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    Local yocal baby! Get 'er dun!
    @OB Looks like the ATL Pro-Am made you a believer haha.
  • SkiKolbSkiKolb Posts: 105 Baller
    I'm putting my money on Regina running it first
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,356 Crazy Baller
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Andy already run 41 in practice? I thought I read somewhere that Nate has run it at 34mph in practice too. Has Jeff ever run it? I realize all the information I'm working off of may be wildly incorrect.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,885 Moderator
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,356 Crazy Baller
    @MattP I don't have the recall that I once had, but I read on here over the winter that Nate had gotten three or four balls at 43 off (36mph) and I think along with that rumor it was mentioned that he ran 43 at 34mph. These were all unsubstantiated rumors however.
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    There are a few Big Dawgs who have run it in practice. Chad has done it in practice at Cypress. Ward has in Shreveport, also. I'm guessing there's a few others.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Negative, 5 is my practice pb
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    My bad, thought you had run it out the back door.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,158 Mega Baller
    Sking on Robin lake before the Masters in 08 Andy came out on a sixam 2point silver top with Lester driving, my self in the judges seat. Andy ran up the line including a full pass at 41 on a Masters rope. Pretty impressive as Andy was rather heavy at that time and really not skiing a lot and on Robin lake.
    Provided Andy decides to really ski this year I would not bet against him running 41 and pretty deep into 43 @55K
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

I really hope andy comes out to play this year!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I thought Andy went to Rathbun's for a week a few years ago and that Gordon noted the only pass he missed ALL week was 43. Could be full-0-baloney but that's what memory says. If Andy went after tourney skiing, I would be willing to wager real dollars that he gets through 41 at 34.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • rodbrodb Posts: 65 Baller
    jeff
  • WishWish Posts: 6,769 Mega Baller
    Love the sound of the boat! He will get it done but others will as well. Why can't I ski this good? Grrrrr!

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • brodybrody Posts: 283 Baller
    my buddy was in the boat at gordons when andy ran 41, seems to me he said he ran 3 or 4 at 43.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,919 Mega Baller
    I'd say Kelvin has a good chance of broadcasting the first full pass this weekend! Lots of guys capable of doing it in one location at a great place to slalom. I'd predict it goes down this weekend and one of the South Central "local guys" does it.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,883 Crazy Baller
    Not to be contradictory; but, if the water is really hot...I don't see it happening this weekend. It is hard to ski in soup.
    Bob Grizzi
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    That one ball at 41 was on the money, damn he makes skiing look easy. @skibug, The water at Cypress isnt all that hot since they have been pumping groundwater into it this week. A few od these boys in the dirty south are skiing really wellright now. I'd love to see a record go down this weekend
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    TRST
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,857 Mega Baller
    I vote for Regina, but I'll be delighted whoever it is.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly