Are Slalom Vests Getting Shorter?

A_BA_B Posts: 3,779 Mega Baller
edited June 2012 in Skis Fins Bindings
Maybe a new poll?
Maybe I need a "Tall" vest?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• lagdawglagdawg Posts: 41 Baller
    Maybe vests like ropes shrink as they get older?

I've always had a little trouble with vest covering my gut. I've found that my eagle is plenty long enough to cover everything. (At least until it rides up, now that I have less gut than I used to.)
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,856 Mega Baller
    I have an HO Syndicate molded vest that is short and I just got an O'neill Gooru that is longer and covers my gut. It looks much better in pictures.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    I am trying to not get fatter

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• A_BA_B Posts: 3,779 Mega Baller
    My old ski "partner" from NY says I am wearing a ski bra.

Funny guy.
  • AggieSkierAggieSkier Posts: 200 Baller
    I tried a bunch via Web that were all too short. One was known as the Dallas Cheerleader vest. Finally went to Eagle for a custom fit.
  • gjohnsongjohnson Posts: 273 Baller
    @AB I really like my O'Neill Guru & RG8 vests. They are long enough to cover the waistline on boardshorts. Which is nice in Minnesota as the weather isn't always warm.
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    epyscs
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,815 Mega Baller
    @gjohnson How many matching outfits do you have? I think I saw at least 6 in every color I can think of last weekend. 6 rounds and 6 wardrobe changes! You ski good too. : )
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,414 Mega Baller
    @gjohnson is always color coordinated -- makes him ski better!
    Jim Ross
    @Razorskier1 All you need to ski -39 is some more outfits then!!
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    Is it possible that your belly is just getting bigger and the vests are the same?!?! ;)
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Belly putty!!
    @gjohnson What round outfit was this?
    Taelan28
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,665
    Eagles standard vests run longer than most.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
    @thager I like to mix it up with my ski wardrobe. You'd be correct, I had 6 different combos at Pine Island. Another 6 rds this weekend and I'll only duplicate 2 of them. I spend more time getting ready to ski than skiing, might as well look good. The pic is from round 1.

@Razorskier1 A money outfit is worth an extra buoy.
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    Taelan28
    @gjohnson -- I think a good hangover helps too -- keeps you loose and relaxed, and you don't think too much! If I can ever figure out how to upload it I'll put up video of a few years ago when I stayed up drinking beer and tequila until 4:30, went to bed, got up at 8:30, and ran 38 off at 10:30. Not pretty, but the boat score was 6!
    Jim Ross
    @Razorskier1 - Been there. Done that. Got that t-shirt. I'm not sure I'd recommend it, but I did set a PB last year on a wicked hangover. That's one hell of a training routine. Why did you get up at 8:30?
    Greg Johnson ~ Team Beer
    @gjohnson -- because I had 5 skiers staying at my house! Sad thing was only two of us were dumb enough to be up until 4:30AM. @6balls and the rest of the crew hit the pillow at midnight or so. I always say "never again", but we both know better. Probably going to happen the last weekend in July when they are all back at my house again!
    Jim Ross