Ski Photos that just make you happy

HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator
edited July 2012 in Videos & Photos
Don't ask me why I dig this shot. Just go find your "Happy Shot" and post it.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

sunvalleylaw

Comments

• thagerthager Posts: 3,787 Mega Baller
    Nice Parashorts!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    Not enough spray for a slalom picture.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    eyepeeler
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    For me it is pretty much any photo with my kids in it.
    Mark Shaffer
    sunvalleylawBrady
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator
    Like I said "Don't ask me why I dig this shot."

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    @Chef23, ditto.

Here is my current one, from just yesterday:

• MortyskiMortyski Posts: 60 Baller
    this is my happy shot...getting more out of the old 71 inch Triumph than I'm supposed to
    sunvalleylawA_B
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,465 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    From skiwatch lasty year. This is where @MS says on the P.A. system, "Don't you folks worry now, his onside always looks like that!"
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    sunvalleylawA_BPJ
  • WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
    I'll though this one up not in the happy category but the wow. Was on a photo shoot with Thomas Gustafson (waterski photographer). Did not know he was still in the water after he was done with the pros. I was getting a quick set at the end when my rope went over his head at ball one. Flash!! Surprise!! What's amazing to me is that morning was cloudy, cold, and gray. To my completely untrained eye, I figured the photos would simply not be any good. I was very wrong. He is truly amazing with a camera. image
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    MattPBradycragginshredA_B
  • walleyewalleye Posts: 168 Baller
    Gas cash
    75.jpeg 126.1K
    sunvalleylawsunperch
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,357 Crazy Baller
    No cool story behind this. Just got a little deep, but like the shot...
    sunvalleylawBrady
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 221 Baller
    edited July 2012
    This is my first time on a course last year. I starting skiing only one year earlier....I cheated on the gates :) to make 1.
    sunvalleylawMattP
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,148 Mega Baller
    edited July 2012
    In what other sport is there this kind of access to personal training with the sport's elite participants?

www.FinWhispering.com ... because understanding is better than memorizing
    sunvalleylawKillerBradyA_B
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,145 Crazy Baller
    I wish I could spend a few weeks per year hanging out in that palapa where Andy and @SkiJay (I assume) are pictured. Hint: Ski Paradise in Acapulco.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 720 Crazy Baller
    These vintage photos of my dad and his buddies always make me happy. The first one is at Crystal Lake in Michigan where we used to vacation- it's before my time but when I was a kid there was a guy with a stars and stripes MC and everybody would line up on the dock with a $5 bill and pay him for a pull after dinner each night. The other two are on the Ohio River where he grew up.
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
    sunvalleylawA_Bsteve77
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    The best part of the day, the after ski beers!

Photobucket
    BoodyBrady
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller

My ski buddy, She has decided to get back after it after a 20 year lay off.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

sunvalleylawA_B
  • kmenardkmenard Posts: 158 Baller

Lake Powell at sunset.
    sunvalleylawBoodyBradyA_B
  • InthedayIntheday Posts: 111 Baller
    Dad and Son both fallen off waiting on the boat
    Drago
  • I love the lake. This is my lake buddy, David Turner taking a late afternoon set several years ago. Love the shot!
    sunvalleylawWish
  • brodybrody Posts: 283 Baller
    a friend took this one of me, he won a local photo contest with it too
    itch2skiBoodycragginshredA_B
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,806
    edited July 2012
    @Wish Your pic that TG took reminds me of what happend to @CypressSkier (Jeff Greathouse) not long ago. There was a photographer taking pics for a story in a magazine about watersports. The photographer was in the water just inside of 2 and downcourse(oopsie) with his big shielded camera on a stalk. As Jeff came around 2 and was bringing the ski back inbound he took the camera right in the rib cage. Make heap big boom! Jeff, camera, and cameraman all go down in huge Ball of Spray.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Brady
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 773 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2012
    Me age 14 Alta, Utah
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Onside135sunperch
  • WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
    @ShaneH I've had the very fortunate oppertunity to be part of his shoots and assist. I am "Flash Boy". I've been in WSM noumerous times as....light. Have had some pro skiers ropes just clear my head as I held a big remote flash. Shoots happen in my course often so my red balls have also been in the pages. It is so cool and unnerving to see a pro round a ball at 36 and point his ski right at you and then all the sites and sounds of them turning ball just feet from you is amazing. Honestly, TG amazes me with his dedication and consentration. I don't believe he has lost a camera to water but it's thousand of $$ just inches off the water with all that going on. I truly look forward to seeing his photos each month. Get to tell my daughter "hay..look, there's our lake again". Some day I might peak my head out from behind the flash and grace the pages of WSM. I just won't be extending it up and looking over it. That could be fatal.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,145 Crazy Baller
    Looks awesome, Mark! You're stocked (that's surfer for "stoked")!
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    MuskokaKy