Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MS should try this ski....

WishWish Posts: 7,258 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited August 2012 in Mostly Slalom
I will be fortunate enough to ski with my Italian friends for the next 3 weeks here in FL. Stephano is looking for a new ride. He has set and then broke the Italian over 35 record this season. Somewhere down 41off. He has done this on an old Monza (@MS pay attention) and old rubber bindings. He has been on the hunt for a new ski for two years and goes back to the Manza (sound familiar). Today he tried the HO Coefficient Xsl. Second set (first set stock then fin tweak) he went right up the string to [email protected] There is no doubt in my mind he will go deep 39 this week if not run it. His comments... "much easier on the body" "I buy it". Ok maybe not a detailed review but buying a ski at his level after testing a quiver of sticks and giving this one a go only twice says a lot. So if there is anyone out there looking for a great ride that does not sit atop the so called high end big buck skies, you may want to give this ski a serous look. Maybe even @MS
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• MSMS Posts: 4,830 Mega Baller
    I think the Nano 1 may be the one right now. If things go well this week, I am done trying skis for the year. If this dont work, its back to the Strada.
    Shut up and ski
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,160 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @MS, isn't the year about over in southern canada???
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Not even in a dry suit yet. I wont cool down unless JD comes up here.
    Shut up and ski
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @MS - I've experienced your "summer" twice - next time I'll pick a different weekend.
    Joe Darwin
  • WishWish Posts: 7,258 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Oh..... they had their summer this yr and then some. Was in MN 10 days over 4th of July. Normally looking to get out of the summer heat of FL. Was 5-10 degrees warmer in Southern Canada (MN) then it was in FL. Not cool.....in more ways then one.
    Water still over 80
    Shut up and ski
  • pjirsapjirsa Posts: 29
    Not after rain yesterday and overnight low in the 40s
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,296 Administrator
    I have lots of skis I would like to see @MS try.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• thagerthager Posts: 4,223 Mega Baller
    When should I tell MS that all his skis have been waxed?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    The Nano 1 Rocks
    Shut up and ski
    How rocking?
    Big time. I think Dave hit the meal ticket with this ski.
    Shut up and ski
    And here we go again!!!!!! Refer back to P.T. Barnum!!! What a circus!
    Of the 8 skis that I have been on this summer, this one stands out. Time will tell as the water temps fluctuate but this ski is early, turns on a dime and stays under you very well. Come on over and ride it.
    Shut up and ski
    @ms Careful, I just might. When are you not working?
    @bananron Pine Island. Just north of Rochester.
    @Thager Sundays and wha
    Shut up and ski
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,837
    @MS: I sure wish you would have had that set up all the years I spent flying 747's out of MSP for Northwest.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    @Ed I was red tail ground ops with XJ for 25 years in MSP. I am sure we crossed paths at some point. You still got flights, fly up and take a ride in summer and I will come down this winter.
    Shut up and ski
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,837
    @MS Had my retirement flight as a A330 Capt. on Oct 2007 and have not been on an airplane since. 30 plus years with the Airlines and 10 as a Fighter Pilot, plus over 30 flying airshows. Never want to go through a security line again. Now it is ski, ski, ski. Push a button and the cover goes up. Flip a lever and the boat goes down. Thats all the technical knowledge I need.

May come by next year on a Motorhome Ski Vacation around the US, right after nationals and take you up on that.......ED
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    I would rather drive than fly also. TSA, drive to from airport, a couple hours for your ski to make flight, MEM and ATL connections, stupid fat people on planes and missed connections suck.
    Shut up and ski
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ditto in regard to flying. Every flight I take seems to be a charter to a sumo camp.
    Joe Darwin
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,867
    Not to mention those goofball ground crews who drive over skis.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

After some fin tweaking And 5-6 sets on the HO CoXsl, Stephano ran straight up the line for a full
    pass @39. His word- "less on the body then the Monza" aka.. less effort required. From the drivers seat 38-39 felt semetrical and no slack lines. Well, some slack outa 6 @39 but not to shabby.
    My list is down to trying the new HOs and radar.
    Shut up and ski
    My turn!! I think the fisher is dying
    I have a 67 Monza you can try.
    Shut up and ski
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,296 Administrator
    I have a Vogue you can try

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

I actually did not think that was a real ski having read comments about it in the past. Then I saw one on eBay the other day. Basically looked like a jump ski that they carved 3 tunnals in. Is this the gem of which you speak??

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=230836255674&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=88903077334
    SweeeeeeeT!! ................I'll be getting a Razor.
    Razor is on it's way! Got a great deal from Tommy's.