Favorite swerving gloves?

RivvyRivvy Posts: 127 Baller
edited August 2012 in Mostly Slalom
I thought I would host a poll. Post your favorite gloves. I have been sporting the older master line double Velcro precurved gloves. They don't have the nylon strap. Im on my 3rd set. They have been decent gloves but I am looking for other options. I still get blisters if I'm hitting it hard. Any recommendations?

• tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    Just go with the main 3.
    HO 41 Tails
    Masterline ProLocks
    Radar Vice

Choose one and you will be satisfied
    Can I just ski 24/7?
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,458 Crazy Baller
    Progear's are the best I have ever tried. I do not need kevlar liners because the gloves fit tight and I try to keep my handle in my fingers rather than in my palms.

• Jam manJam man Posts: 38 Baller
    Just switched from ML Prolocks to Radar Vice. Much better product imho. We will see how long they last.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,677 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Tail 41's. I have been using these since they were call the RPM (Rossie Pro Model). Something was odd about last years fit. Really tight around the palm and the seams ripped out after a while. I bought 2 new pair about a month ago and they fit perfectly.

It's really just what you want a far as feel. I like a thin kevlar glove. ML has good stuff, but just feels too thick for my taste. I have heard good things about the Pro Gear gloves, but unless I am mistaken they are not kevlar and I figured they would wear out pretty quick.
  • MSMS Posts: 4,336 Mega Baller
    Overtons Attacks.
    Shut up and ski
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,214 Mega Baller
    Take a look at the D-3 fusion gloves (I think that's what I bought my wife) they fit good and are real similar to the original 41 tails.
    Last years 41 tails I wore a size large... Tried on a large pair this year way to big same with the mediums ended up with small.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• cwillygoodcwillygood Posts: 195 Baller
    i love my Radar Strada gloves or whatever they are called, they fit awesome, but they are falling apart...the masternline pro lock gloves are pretty rad too
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Vice are wearing well so far. Went thru some prolocs pretty quickly with strap breaking, but sent them in and got replacements...the claim was a bad batch manufactured. Good service to replace 'em free.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,702 Mega Baller
    Some folks here recommended 41 Tails to me, and they've been great. Last a good long time (over a season on my first pair so far), great grip; no bunching. I still kinda long for the old wrist-pull-down strap on the HO Talons, but so far as I know the only glove with that is a 4Wake that I tried and didn't find to my liking (at all).

I find the name a bit silly, though. I'm fairly good at this compared to the masses, but there's no way in hell I am ever running 41 with a tail. Doesn't even matter what the boat speed is.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,928 Mega Baller
    Radar Locks, wish they were still available
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • RivvyRivvy Posts: 127 Baller
    I just ordered a set of prolocks. I would like to give the strap system a try. Ple I really do like my curve's.

Thanks for feedback!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,604 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @rivvy, rough the strap up just a bit with some fine grit sandpaper before first use or the strap is pretty slippery. Right of passage for all my new strap gloves.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Will do!
    They are going to take some getting used to but I think I like them. I found out quickly that I must finger grip the handle often. That doesn't work with these gloves.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,930 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Went through several ML ProLocks in a season. Same season same Radar Vice gloves. Just now showing some wear. Better build, better materials, better fit, better comfort period.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,418 Mega Baller
    HO Empire. Great pre-curve and no bunching in the hands.
    Jim Ross
  • slowslow Posts: 257 Baller
    Radar - bring back the Locks. Mine last pair is finally wearing out
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,170 Mega Baller
    I love the Radar Boas' cable system. It's fast, keeps a great glove tight across the whole palm, and it eliminates blown velcro tabs.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... because understanding is better than memorizing
    Overtons Attacks. Get them on clearance around the holidays.
    Shut up and ski
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,749 Mega Baller
    I just got the HO 41 Tails - haven't tried them yet but I can't wait. My other gloves were good, but they are now stretched out too much and are starting to wear in the fingers. I got the XS and won't be able to velcro the top of the hand strap - but they fit great and are very comfortable. Hope they ski as well as all the hype!
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Like the GOODE Power Grip Gloves (White & Black). They are discontinued, but can still be bought from GOODE for $35. They last a fair amount of time. I ski daily and ski reasonably hard, so for me they last about 6 weeks????
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,704
    I like a thin tight fitting kevlar glove and use the HO 41 Tail. If I want to spend more money the Radar Strada/Vice Boa would be my choice.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 504 Solid Baller
    I loved the HO 41 tail, but could not get any this time of year. Back ordered everywhere. So I spent a little more for the Radar Boa and so far (3 times out) I really like them.
  • hackerhacker Posts: 49 Baller
    another vote for Pro Gear! Everything @Chuck_Dickey said, and the best grip ever... Sticky
    Jim Ecker - Founder and President of the Hacker's club
  • mikeymikey Posts: 67 Baller
    I like my HO Empires as well!
  • Mrs_MSMrs_MS Posts: 269 Crazy Baller
    Not picky. Whatever he buys me on sale in extra small. I do dream of having some pink Radar gloves though!
    I ski for fun, just the wife!
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,727 Mega Baller
    Accurate World Cup 3/4 finger are the ones that I've gotten attached to. Nothing fancy but they stay together and I can't stand gloves with finger tips since I can't get gloves long enough to fit my fingers in without them being huge in the palm.

@Mrs_MS - my wife loves hers, got them as replacements for a previous year pair that fell apart the first time out. The new ones have worked well for her.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    I will see if I can get some pink Attacks.
    Shut up and ski