Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congrats to Than Bogan on his Goode Video!

danbirchdanbirch Posts: 301 Baller
edited October 2012 in Videos & Photos
[Deleted User]

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    I have plenty of criticisms of that guy's ski technique, and I don't know how he thinks he's qualified to write about leverage position, but MAN is he rockin' that goatee!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Brady[Deleted User]
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,776 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan - Congrats on that video!!
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 885 Crazy Baller
    nice skiing Than!!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,644 Mega Baller
    Hey that is my lake. Nice video but the goatee has to go.
    Mark Shaffer
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 797 Mega Baller
    What a great idea this is marketing-wise. I love hearing about products from fellow skiers/peers. Nice video.
    edited October 2012
    @Chef23 I assume you mean "Ya know, I should really grow a goatee like Than's."

Anyhow, I won't carry this crazy beard into the tournament season next year, but I'm still a bit entertained by it, and my youngest still wants to braid it, so it's gonna get even a little more ridiculous before it sees its merciful end.

Best thing about the ridiculous beard midlife crisis: One day, you just shave it off.
    [Deleted User]
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 4,015 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Great skiing this year @Than_Bogan!
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    Brady
    @scotchipman Thanks!

All of my good skiing came in practice (especially on days with spectators) and at Regionals. My other tournaments ranged from disappointing to "wtf was that?"
    [Deleted User]
  • raynrayn Posts: 364 Baller
    I am not sure I heard what he said; the goatee distracted me. Was @MikeT hiding in there?
    Ray Newmark -
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 380 Solid Baller
    @than_bogan Nice video. I recognize the "Goode" background music, but the video is missing the Goode smoke intro and Dave Goode himself.
    Brady
    @fu_man Yeah, I don't quite rate Dave Goode himself flying across the country to my practice site!

But he was incredibly helpful to me in getting the ski set up.
    [Deleted User]
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,402 Crazy Baller
    Braid that bad boy!
  • dthatedthate Posts: 134 Baller
    Great skiing Than and thanks for your great information on N1, I shaved my goate about a month ago after having for about 15 years
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 380 Solid Baller
    @than_bogan OK, OK, but at least they could set you up with the smoke intro
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,977 Mega Baller
    @than_bogan - I generally don't watch the propaganda videos that Dave Goode puts out, but since it was you, a fellow baller, I couldn't help myself. Congrats on a small portion of your 15 minutes of fame, and great skiing !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    MattPauskierBrady
  • ripa38ripa38 Posts: 54
    I still don't know if this is serious or dry satire. It is entertaining either way.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,687 Administrator
    OMG we have made a monster.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

edited October 2012
    @ripa38 I am flattered that you think I have the production skill to make something like that! But anyhow, for better or for worse, it is serious. The only "fake" thing about it is that it took me two tries to run the -38. But in the past, I've run on the order of 1 per 400 attempts, so that day was truthfully quite awesome.

And @Horton's implication (I think) is correct as well -- there's no way this would have happened without BallOfSpray. Without that "credential," nobody, least of all the folks at Goode, would have been interested in hearing what I had to say about a ski.
    danbirch
  • ripa38ripa38 Posts: 54
    In that case it is pretty cool. Can't wait to ski with Horton and see how many shades of green he has turned.
  • rfarfa Posts: 224 Baller
    I don't know @Than well enough to comment on the goatee, other than to say it was a little more "trimmed" when we talked at regionals...great skiing my friend (on the video and yes, at regionals...), and great site you have there now that I finally skied it this summer. "Hello" to all my friends at Cochituate!
    Rui Afonso
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,687 Administrator
    That goatee is real? Holy crap! That is worse than my hair.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• estromestrom Posts: 508 Baller
    @Horton may have a valid point there. Just sayin.
    And that was a month ago...

Best line about it came from the founder of my company, who only knows me a little and hadn't seen me in a couple of months (but is never shy to say what is on his mind):

"That is the most fake-looking actual beard I have ever seen."
  • danbirchdanbirch Posts: 301 Baller
    If you let it grow too long, it could throw your balance off in the turn...
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    Speaking of throwing off your balance, I wonder how much water weight effect Marcus Brown with his dreds? Not bagging on is dreds, just wondering how it might affect his center of gravity.
  • PT MikePT Mike Posts: 163 Baller
    I told Than he looked like Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters with the goatee. He just looked at me kind of funny. Does anyone else see it or should I tone down my scotch intake?
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    i kind a saw some jefferson davis their myself
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @Than -- very cool video! Congrats on some great skiing! I love watching video shot from the boat, especially -38. Why? Because -38 is short enough to be impressive, yet long enough that when you run it right (like you did) it looks awesome!
    Jim Ross
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,228 Mega Baller
    It's no surprise to @Than_Bogan's mom that one day, Than would be famous for his beard...
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    MarcodanbirchThan_BoganMattP
    That is my new favorite Photoshop job!