Who needs a $40,000 boat.

addkerraddkerr Posts: 122 Baller
edited April 2013 in Boat Talk
Just checking through ebay and found this gem. Made me laugh for a good 20 mins. Thought I would share.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221216760903

andyb

Comments

• addkerraddkerr Posts: 122 Baller
    @MattP that would help
  • Phil2360Phil2360 Posts: 367 Baller
    Looking at the back of that Hull, I'd be guessing the wake would be pretty smooth at slalom speeds!
    mwski
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 855 Crazy Baller
    No one. That one is bigger than the 13' Boston Whaler we had as a ski boat when I was a kid.
    I'm convinced that the slalom-friendly wake was one of the reasons it worked for me when I was 12-14 years old. (also learned to barefoot behind it with 40 hp).
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,313 Crazy Baller
    Dory's are solid boats. A friend had a 13/14' ftr when we were kids. @skibrain, most of my friends and I learned to ski behind a 13' Whaler with a 20hp Johnson. No wake, no problems. Learned to get up on a slalom behind our 68 14' MFG Corvette II with a 67 60hp Evinrude V4 that hauled a !!!
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,913 Mega Baller
    @skibrain - my very first ski rides were behind a Boston Whaler on Puget Sound
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 678 Baller
    I love light weight outboards for a first boat, and learning to ski, drive, and have fun. Our first boat was a 15' Fiberglas crestliner tri hull Muskie with a 55 h.p. Johnson. Lots of fond memories.
  • kmenardkmenard Posts: 158 Baller
    "There is an auto-bilge pump fitted so you can get rid of any water at low speeds - at high speeds - just unscrew the drainage plug!"
    addkerr
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 855 Crazy Baller
    1974 BW. note low wake (at long line).
    Money saved on PFD, trunks and rope went into an O'Brien Mach 1. :)
    RichardDoane