Great deal on a "competition" ski boat

jcampjcamp Posts: 730 Mega Baller
edited June 2013 in Boat Talk
I don't seem to remember seeing this make/model at any tournaments.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/3846795280.html

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,191 Mega Baller
    "competition" is spelled incorrectly both times in the listing. Maybe intentional to be able to weasel out of any false advertising claims??
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 730 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan if I buy this will it fit through your tunnel?
  • estromestrom Posts: 508 Baller
    I thought all DD's were "competion" boats!? :)
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,191 Mega Baller
    @jcamp That depends on how many pieces you cut it into.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • ralral Posts: 1,697 Mega Baller
    It must be a great "Competion" ski boat. It comes with the original manual, so I do not know why doubts arise in this thread.
    Rodrigo Andai
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,757 Mega Baller
    That thing is going to throw a monster wake. @jcamp there is no way that comes through the tunnel.
    Mark Shaffer
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,013 Mega Baller
    edited June 2013
    Could just be me, but when you have a fish finder mounted on the dash, I start to question "ski" boat....
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,343 Mega Baller
    edited June 2013
    What do you need a fish finder for? Everyone knows the fish are always under those orange, yellow and GREEN balls!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • estromestrom Posts: 508 Baller
    Wasn't there someone here not too long ago asking about fish finders or trolling motors for their Nautique? A true multi-purpose boat!
  • ampacdanampacdan Posts: 39 Baller
    That is no fish finder - it is a beta version of zero off - only works with 4 barrel carb.
    Skoot1123Broussard
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Says its a "must see".
    Jim Ross
  • PT MikePT Mike Posts: 163 Baller
    That Bimini is going to be an issue at longline.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 26,358 Administrator
    I bet the trick wake is awesome

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly • D3 • DBSkis • Goode • Hobe Lake • HO Syndicate • MasterCraft 

Masterline • O'Brien • Performance Ski and Surf • Reflex • Radar • Stokes

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    I'd love to show up at the next Ballofspray gathering with that in tow.
  • doonezdoonez Posts: 150 Baller
    Has a compass on the dash so that you can find your way back to the dock
  • SDNAH2OSKIERSDNAH2OSKIER Posts: 290 Baller
    Its a Century Arabian I believe, def, not a competition tow boat, my neighbor at the lake has one, his, unlike this one, is mint and is a very cool boat.
    Doug Roberts San Diego, CA ski rating: 2 balls
  • madcityskiermadcityskier Posts: 112 Baller
    Yes on Arabian. Not a bad surf boat.
  • XR6HurricaneXR6Hurricane Posts: 327 Baller
    You guys are just plain cruel. On a side note, Century DID pull a lot of competitions before most of us were born.
  • otisgotisg Posts: 87 Baller
    XR6Hurricane - I am old enough to remember quite a few tournaments that were pulled by 17' Mahogany Resorters but then again I am older than dirt....
    I have often joked that crossing those wakes was like climbing the Berlin Wall - then I realized nobody knew what that was either...
    Than_Bogan
  • SDNAH2OSKIERSDNAH2OSKIER Posts: 290 Baller
    @Hurricane, those were bad ass. I had a girlfriend who had one and the throttle was a big ass knob on the dash that you pushed in to accelerate. The wake was for shit though. Not like they had anything worth skiing on back then anyway ; )
    Doug Roberts San Diego, CA ski rating: 2 balls
  • XR6HurricaneXR6Hurricane Posts: 327 Baller
    LOL @otisg and @SDNAH2OSKIER. That era of horrible wakes lasted a lot longer than most guys will admit, especially for long line, slower speed recreational skiers. I remember getting pulled by a '78 Nautique at about 28 mph. Thought I was gonna die.
    It was always interesting to see a new skier at a tournament that had never skied an inboard back then. Many would launch out of their bindings going through the gates or from 1 to 2 ball.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @thager -- don't laugh. My first tournament I had never really skied a course much and always skied behind my Centurion Barefoot Warrior. They pull up a Supreme. I'm skiing 15 off at 28mph. Pull out and turn for the gates -- I hit the wake (which looked like a wall to me) and landed on my face somewhere near the one ball. Score zero! Ouch.
    Jim Ross
    @Razorskier1 You are not alone! I saw many like yours with the old school three event boats.