Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SenateC versus Strada

cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
Uhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=qCWTZDotKVgUp to about 1:10 I am on the Radar senate C (returned to it today due to issues progressing with Strada). I noticed skiing the turns were smoother on my offside, however, I did not feel comfortable being as aggressive in the gate shot. Also the Senate being a wider ski is harder to keep on edge across the wake which gets in my head a little as those falls hurt. At 1:17 you can see in a very exaggerated way the 'skip' for lack of a better term the strada does coming out of my offside. It cause me that have a readjust my angle which puts me later into every ball. On the senate C you will see this does not occur.As a separate issue, I am simply not progressing on either ski getting into any sort of leverage out of my offside. Super frustrating. I just feel like my my shoulders are already forward and it's all I can do to hang on with zero chance of leaning back into proper form.
Vapor pro 2017

Comments

• cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    Vapor pro 2017
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,993 Mega Baller
    edited June 2013
    On 135, I see a very straight front leg going into the turn, and then leaning on the tail of the ski. This is a no no. You need to have more weight on a flexed front leg, think of digging into the footpad with your right foot big toe and pushing your knee over the top of your ankle. Going into 246, I see better flex on your front leg, and if you are going to get away with a stiff front leg, 246 would be the side, as that you can jump on the back foot and power the ski around to finish.

I would focus on getting more angle in the gate, then feel like you are skiing away from the handle into 1 ball, don't just follow the ski, make the ski do something in the turn, and drop your inside hip toward the ball and bring your right hip around and through. The handle needs to come in low to hip, not in high in chest/mid section. You are correct, that you are leading the charge out of the offside with your upper body, which is walking the slippery slope of an OTF. Push the ski around in the turn and be patient for it to come under the rope and then stay centered and lean away, don't sit back. Equal pressure once the ski is under the rope.

As always, arms straight and lean away so you can feel the vest with the inside of your elbows, and hold it.

Just a few tweaks and someone in the boat harping on these points and you should be good to go.
    Thanks Al ,great points! I see the straight front leg onto my offside of sure. The thrust question of the thread was asking should I stay with the Senate C -more speed apropo and better stability in the turns, but not feeling the gate shot lean as with the Strada which provides more angle but get a bit too squirrelly out of my offside turn causing me to need to correct it and come in late down course.
    Vapor pro 2017
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,993 Mega Baller
    edited June 2013
    To me, this sport is more about edge holding power than turning. Just my opinion. Fin adjustments can get rid of the squirrelly turn. Your not really setting up the offside turn well, so I would not judge your skis based on your offside turn, basically what I am saying.
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,897
    Go with whichever ski feels confident underfoot. Half of progressing is based on having confidence that you have a stable platform to stand on. I've had both skis at the same time, also. The SC really helped me to go from 15 off to skiing consistent 28 off passes in one season. My tournament average in 2009 went up 13 buoys or something stupid like that on the SC.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Thanks guys that helps! I agree AB the offside is horrible and I have been working on it for a while. I will try what you suggested. @Shane thanks good info!
    Vapor pro 2017