Bishop?

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
Hey @bishop8950 please tell me there is a funny story.... or at least that you are laughing about it.

On the bright side you scored a whole ball

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Comments

• bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 877 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    No funny story, but I was laughing about it. MM skied in a howling tail wind and I didn't adjust as well as the other guys. I wasnt out there long enough to really know what happened. I felt fine through the gate and found myself running over the rope at one ball. I yanked the rope out and tried to keep going but I was done.

Ask anyone there, I held my head high and laughed it off. All my real goals are coming up at Okee anyway.

The trip was really about hanging with my 5 year old son and we had a great time. I barely remember my ski ride.
    HortonBrady
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    it is hard to abuse a guy who has that good of an attitude

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

bishop8950DetrickTexas6
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    It happens to all of us, it's how u handle it that counts. Kick some ass at okee!!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Hortonbishop8950
  • KlundellKlundell Posts: 432 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    That was a wicked head tail and you had the worst of it! Felt bad because I had perfect conditions about 45 minutes earlier in OM.
  • ralral Posts: 1,671 Mega Baller
    I fell at 1,5 in the Latin American championships after a long trip to get there. Could not train at the lake, just showed up the tourney day. Was told backwash was kind of an issue. Good gate, good 1, early at two, when starting the turn, I thought "oops, some roller..." an I was down...
    Rodrigo Andai
  • DragoDrago Posts: 849 Crazy Baller
    Looked like he was a little narrow on his gate, then got all funky at one: after the ski over the rope, then he kinda slid sideways, got a whole-lotta tight rope...bam, all over on the wrong side of the lake. I was thinking"he will scrap it out". Yes, handled it with poise.
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 877 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Klundell nice skiing for you, I loved the out the gate "yahoo" after 38, congrats on your win. The wind sure felt bad when I went. It was like a 70mph gust hit me in the back going to one. I was hard to watch it settle down by the time Matt and Greg went out for their run off. Oh well, that's mother nature and our sport.

@Drago thanks for the replay and confidence in my scrapping. I definitely thought I was going to pull it off and was surprised to be in the lake by 2 ball. In the end that result just motivates me more for Okee!
    Klundell
  • KlundellKlundell Posts: 432 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @bishop8950 Thanks! That was the first time I've ran 38 in a big tournament so I couldn't resist the fist pump.