Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This summers PB

Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,771 Mega Baller
Well - I finally got to it. This season of skiing has been my best so far (from a consistancy and running up the line standpoint). Yesterday I smoked 3 -22 OFF's in a row, got 2 -28 OFF's in a row and then started really working on -32 OFF. Last season I set back and didn't run much -28 or -32. In fact I stuck mostly with -22 while trying to get better form. This season we started by going to Coble's at the end of June and it has done some awesome things for both my wife and I's skiing. A lesson in Farmer City, IL this past Saturday really buoyed my gate shot and is going to set me up to run more consistent gates, and get MUCH farther in my hardest passes. Last night was no exception. I ran 4 buoys at -32 OFF AND 34 MPH. Though I have run three -32's, I don't recall if they were at a 34 MPH. I really should have run the pass, but I saw 5 ball and was thinking HEY I'm going to run the pass.....and I went in the drink. I will get there this year I believe, and hopefully increase my buoy count at -35 and set a new PB.

What are your summer's PB's?
6ballscrashmanMSKlundellMISkierBradyrockdogcwillygoodgsm_peterSkiJayandjulesjipster43WaternutBulldog

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,846 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Last summer 3 @ 39, this year 1 @ 39. Lots less skiing this summer though for a variety of reasons. There's still time, hoping weather stays ok.
    @skoot1123, great skiing!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    BradySkoot1123
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,771 Mega Baller
    Thanks @6balls - It can be a bit intimidating with a lot of folks on BOS who get into 35 OFF and beyond with "ease" while some of us are at the 22 through 32 OFF stage. The bright side? Lots of time to get into -35 and beyond!
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 868 Crazy Baller
    @Skoot1123 awesome skiing!!
    [email protected] is my new tourny PB!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    Skoot1123
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 693 Baller
    @Skoot1123, [email protected], -15. Skiing a lot, having fun both on our lake for free skiing, and at the course lake, and trying to improve. It's funny how much difference 2 mph increments can make. Good luck!
    Skoot1123gsm_peter
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 714 Crazy Baller
    This summer, I've skiied less thanks to the perma-drought here in Texas. Next year I'm sure we'll be fine. Last year I got 3 at 28mph sometimes, but now Im getting into 2 or 3 at 28mph most sets. So I think I have improved.. I've even bean able to pull for 4 a few times.. but not getting around it. that elusive 4 ball! Your going down!!
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    Skoot1123Bradygsm_peter
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,973 Mega Baller
    @skoot1123 - nice work on backing up your passes like that, and getting your form perfected, bringing those good habits with you to the next line length really helps
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    BradySkoot1123
  • jwrjwr Posts: 339 Baller
    [email protected] at the beginning of summer then blew up my ski. Only ran 2 32's after that. Stuck at [email protected] on new ski, but it's starting to come around. Just happy to be skiing. Good skiing @skoot1123. I do the same thing. Every time I think I have a pass run, 5 ball shows me I don't.
    Obrien Elite 30" 6.845, 2.510, .80 PB [email protected]
    Skoot1123
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,213 Mega Baller
    I have not skied enough this season. Weather has been part of it and I had a minor ankle injury at the end of June. I had great hopes for this year and started very strong after some great 28 off coaching (and fin tuning) by @AB last September. But, lack of water time is causing problems. I am working on a solution for that for next season.

This year:

34 mph
    2 at 32 off practice
    .5 at 32 off tournament

36 mph
    3 at 28 off

All time PBs (set in 2011):

34 mph
    4 at 32 off practice
    1.5 at 32 off tournament

36 mph
    5 at 28 off

I have a long way to go.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Skoot1123
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 664 Solid Baller
    I have progress from [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] (have not tried 30 mote than 2 times)

But I suck. Some sets I get 50% full passes at 26 and some times just one.
    My off side position is way better than my on side......
    Some passes am am getting earlier and earlier and could turn 15 feet ahead of last boie.
    Other passes I make stupied things every turn.

A few days ago was the best passes ever.
    Today was really crappy.
    Does not improve with a break either. Tried it a few times.
    Take coach regularly.
    Open for advice.
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • cwillygoodcwillygood Posts: 195 Baller
    Great skiing @Skoot1123 looks like you have been making some serious progress!

I have skied less this summer i believe and have only gained a buoy! 4 @35 so far, but im getting down to 4 consistently, did it twice last night and once today! im so close to running it!
    Skoot1123Than_Bogan
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,712 Mega Baller
    Congrats to all with new PBs! I'm especially proud of my son, @MattL. It won't take long before I'll be taking lessons from him!
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    Skoot1123Than_Bogan
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 787 Crazy Baller
    First tournament 35 this year, then ran it 4 more rounds through the summer. PB [email protected]
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    6ballsSkoot1123Texas6
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Just an awful season. Knee surgery, bad weather, new ski, my Dad passing away. Up until last week I hadn't run a single -38 this season, which was really bumming me out. Came back from Mom's after 3 and a half weeks of no skiing and walked down the line to 1 at 39 off. Maybe I should just ski once every three weeks?
    Jim Ross
    Skoot1123BradyThan_Bogan
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 441 Baller
    Great Job @gsm_peter! My wife's uncle just took down 22 off @ 30 mph! It made me mad, so I had to try it. I made all six! Not sure what speed... But close to 30 or 31. Yes!!!
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
    crashmanSkoot1123gsm_peter
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,053 Baller
    [email protected] tournament personal best. Practice [email protected] 1600 points in tricks..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    Skoot1123ThePantsManCan
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 744 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2013
    @Skoot1123 we're in such a similar boat. Been stuck with a [email protected] PB for a couple of seasons, never even had a look at 3 ball. Unfortunately, I'm lucky if I get over 10 sets in the course per summer, so it's hard to pick up buoys (this year, I might break 15 sets!). Anyhow, thanks to an updated ski and BoS on my mind, I managed 4.5 @ -32 on my 3rd set in the course (started thinking about 6 and bamm!). Haven't matched it again, but been pretty close, and yesterday I ran [email protected] for the second time. If I can only figure out a tight-line ball 1, I'm sure -32 will start to come with some consistency. Any year with a PB is a good year, even if it's just a half buoy.
    Skoot1123ThePantsManCan
  • bassfooterbassfooter Posts: 146 Baller
    @Skoot1123, awesome progress! Dropping into -28 and -32 from -22 is HUGE! And then to get 4 balls at -32? Very well-done, sir!

My PB this summer is 3 at -32/34mph, but that's just in training. I just love those gates at -32. What a rush!
    andjulesThePantsManCanSkoot1123
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Practice PB this year has been 4 @ 38' OFF (Ran that a few times this year). Been around 2 and 3 ball alot!

Tournament PB this past weekend of 1.5 @ 38' OFF 34.2 MPH (ZO)

Summer goal to run a 38 at 34.2 ( ran a slow one this year 33.7 MPH) New ski on the way........
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    Texas6ThePantsManCanSkoot11236balls
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,053 Baller
    Just did 3 1/[email protected] off cold off the dock for a new practice personal best this morning.

Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    Skoot1123MISkiercrashman6balls
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 372 Solid Baller
    Prior to last year access to the course was sporadic at best. However last year I met a new buddy and ski his course pretty regularly. After one full year figuring out -15 I am now chipping away at -22. Got 2.5 @ 34mph and got 5 when we slowed down to 32mph.
    Skoot11236ballsThan_Bogan
  • PJPJ Posts: 99 Baller
    .5 @ 35 (34mph) for me this year so far. just went from M2 to M3. previous practice PB was 1 @ 32 (36mph) seems about comparable with the speed change. really starting to feel a change in the dynamics with the shorter line now. very interesting experience for a hack skier like myself
    MS's chief boat driver
    Skoot11236balls
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,712 Mega Baller
    Just last night, I finally got past 4-ball at -28... and past 5 and past 6! I just went off the dock at -28. First pass got 4 (best thus far this season). Then, on the next pass, I ran it; and then backed it up with another full 6 in the other direction (mega cross wind, too). ZO was in practice mode at 33.2 MPH (I requested 33 and the driver was bumping the speed up .1 MPH each pass). I heard that some of the big dawgs learn a new rope length by slowing the boat down (sometimes a lot (28-30 MPH)), so that's my plan. Learn it slow and work up to full speed.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    6ballsSkoot1123
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,846 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skoot1123 that rocks! Bring on the blue line!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Skoot1123
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 160 Baller
    Finally ran all 6 at 32off (34.2mph) last night in practice. Turned all 6 three times in a row, great feeling! I've been running 28 in my sleep, but was always getting slack at 1 ball, but with some gate practice at 28 I've managed to keep a tight line and ski out the exit gates, very happy and can't wait to try again tonight.
    Skoot11236ballsMISkierMarco