Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I move on from the Connelly Concept?

chancerchancer Posts: 4 New Baller
Hey there,
I was hoping for some advice/insight. I am 5'11", 170 lbs, been skiing for a few years on the Concept and started on the Connelly Hook about 8 years ago. I ski mainly open water, have tried the course a time or two (haven't seen it up this year on the Flathead river) but never have had any instruction before. I like to ski at 34 with 15/22 off, and I like to push myself and improve through watching videos and skiing 3-4 days a week-basically all I know of in Montana lol.
Question is: should I be moving on from the Concept? I read on this site that it's "old school" but I don't really know what has changed since my 2009 Concept although I know this model has been around for years...any advice would be appreciated thanks!
Chance

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,685 Administrator
    Yes!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

swc5150
  • chancerchancer Posts: 4 New Baller
    I guess I forgot to add the overplayed "what ski should I get next that would be a good transition from the Concept and give me room to grow"? I would like to get into the course more in the future, and make a trip to Sunset Ranch or somewhere to finally get some instruction..
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,018 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Yes, get off that Concept:)

D3 X3 would be a great next ski for you. You won't break the bank on it, but it'll take you into 32off, with a ton of forgiveness and stability. There are no doubt other well suited skis out there, I'm just more familiar with D3, having been on them for almost a decade now.
    Scott Calderwood
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,002 Crazy Baller
    Time to move on the Connelly (barely used!) F1! I've got one for you...I'll let it go for $150....that's one dinner out for the Misses and Me!
  • chancerchancer Posts: 4 New Baller
    Hey thanks for the advice guys-ill think about the F1, liquid d
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,177 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    YES
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!