Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Fin & Binding Placement Numbers for 68" Vapor

Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
My new 68" Vapor finally got here yesterday (Thank You Sully!!), just in time for Christmas. Obviously won't be using it for a few months but I'm anxious to get it all set up and ready to rock. I know there was a bunch of discussion on this awhile back but I'm damned if I can find it. You 68" Vapor riders, where have you settled on as being the best setup for you? FWIW I'm 6'2", 193 - 195 lbs at fighting weight (a bit heavier right now but working on it...), 22 to deep 35 off 34mph. Thanks in advance for any/all input.

Ed
Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
www.ez-slalom.com

Comments

• slalomboy96slalomboy96 Posts: 72 Baller
    Im on a 68" and run a radar sequence plate, strada boots, and run it 1/2 hole back from middle, left the fin alone at this stage run into 32off 34mph, been working well for me.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    Always check the fin position. From the factory does not mean factory settings.
    !/2 hole form where? On what plate? You must ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS measure.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

MattP
  • BRYBRY Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    68" with Reflex F & Remi R 6'1" 215 (working on it too) 28 to deep 38. Thought I had my first 38 today but got 5itis and inside 6. Was stuck at 4-5 @35 with occasional 2-3 @38 before this ski. Got it after Nationals and have run more B2B 35's since with it than I ever ran total before.
    Settings history notes:

6.870 2.480 0.765 8 30.25 "Stock" settings I was given. Initial impression was it was really fast for a dock, need to mount a beer cooler on it.

6.870 2.480 0.765 8 30.50 Way different, still kind of big, great until end of turn, harsh bite & crazy angle grab.

6.894 2.450 0.730 8 30.50 Alt settings from Horton's review (67" though). Good settings, can hammer turns at will if needed, lots of space, must be on front foot in pre-turn and turn.

(Insert a few tweaks of a few thousandths here and there)

6.892 2.452 0.729 9 30.5 Vicious buoy hunter, about all my skills can handle, shorter I go the better it gets. Sensitive to body movements.

I have kept these last setting last two months or so. Waters gone from 88 to 72 and they still work. At about 78ish it started to feel a touch "heavy" and a little slower out of the turn but if I ski real clean that doesn't seem to matter. Much colder and would think about going to 8 wing. If went back to WA (to their liquid ice) would probably move the binding back too. Chasing settings doesn't seem to help me much so mostly going to stick with thes
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    Where does one find listings of factory fin settings for various skis these days? Nothing I can find on Radar's web site, Rossi's old site ProSkiCoach.com doesn't seem to be to functional anymore, used to be a bunch of info there. No fin settings I can find on Rini's site. Seems like there needs to be a fairly comprehensive listing somewhere.
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • BRYBRY Posts: 578 Crazy Baller
    @Ed Obermeier Seems Radar is leaving us in the dark though Horton's review is money. HO, Goode, Mapple, Sans Rival all have their settings posted on line. Radar did have their site off line for quite a while a month or so ago.
    Loving my settings though, got my first 38 this evening.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
    Performance had on their website for radar. They were stock and not the newer numbers that seem to work better for some.
    Dug a little deeper an found the thread I was looking for, part of Horton's ongoing review. @Bigtex2011 also sent me a copy of the settings chart that he got with his ski (thanks Chris!) so I at least have a starting point to go from. Noted your numbers as well @BRY. Chomping at the bit to give her a go. Gonna be awhile though, getting freezing rain and some snow here today.
    www.ez-slalom.com
    Got these settings from Matt Rini (thanks Matt!) this morning. 68 settings: 6.880, 2.480, .750 front boot at 30&1/4, wing at 9.
    www.ez-slalom.com