The all-new 2014 Carbon Pro.

HortonHorton Posts: 24,469 Administrator

The Centurion Carbon Pro has officially arrived. The CP qualified for all five Regional tournaments and after pulling each successfully, the Carbon Pro culminated the 2013 season by pulling the US National tournament in Okeeheelee, FL.

The low-drag running surface, PCM power-plant, superior power to weight ratio and carbon infused construction all combine to give the Carbon Pro the softest, smallest wakes available. Working in perfect harmony with Zero-Off the Carbon Pro delivers a pull that is strong but not overbearing. Short line slalom skiers comment it's easy to create space with minimal effort. Just look at the scores at your next local tournament and ask skiers which ride they preferred. It is happening everywhere the Carbon Pro has delivered on the promise of a better three-event experience. Just ski and drive one to see for yourself why the Carbon Pro has become the new benchmark for tournament towboats.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Comments

• E_TE_T Posts: 542 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    What makes it the #1 Slalom Boat in the World? Is there any proof to back this up?
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
    jayski
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,458
    Looks great, we don't hear much about boats other than the big three out here. Malibu would probably be the number one boat out here in Oz but I don't have any data to back that up.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• gregygregy Posts: 2,398 Mega Baller
    Is the 2014 Changed? Says all-new
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 463 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2013
    All New??? The 2014 Prostar can make a claim like that and it is believable. Tell me how the Carbon Pro looks or is different from last year. If it is all new have I been hiding under a rock and missed something? Marketing hype or whatever just happy to see a company paying attention to us slalomer's and giving us something to get excited about.
    E_T
  • BRYBRY Posts: 541 Crazy Baller
    Interesting it's "all new", different hull then? So previous performance's don't apply as not the same boat? AWSA boat test chart does list it as "new".
    Any promo guys out there that can share what they changed?
    I really liked the 2013, great feel and wakes but really needed a better than good driver for shortline with big guys.
    Can't see how they can say it's #1 slalom boat, personally put the 200 and Txi well ahead of it.

Psyched for this upcoming season though, 197 is gone and sounds like the new ProStar is killer, 200 and Txi are great, and if they kept the CP the same or better there just won't be a bad boat.

Now if AWSA can keep from driving off drivers and powers that be let new, quality, blood into the driving pool it will be better than its ever been.
  • rwskierrwskier Posts: 233 Solid Baller
    I am pretty sure that this is not a Official company released video considering it is about 50% Shots that I had taken last May when I did the Goode Nano One and XT video's.
    Russell W. -
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,469 Administrator
    @rwskier video is from Centurion

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,832
    Is that blue metalflake boat the one that @skidawg got?
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Well that's interesting. I did not release the clips to them so they must have gotten them off of YouTube.
    Russell W. -
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @ShaneH - I would think so. Beautiful boat. I'm not sure what constitutes "all new" but the 2014 is a much better driving boat. I believe they moved the engine, reconfigured the rudder and some other improvements. It's certainly "new and improved".
    Joe Darwin
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,266 Mega Baller
    @rwskier -sounds like they may owe you a new boat to compensate for their use of your footage.
    E_Tskidawg
  • KrleeKrlee Posts: 484 Baller
    I know they had to re-test the boat because they had to go to the new fuel tank. I was told it was re-configured a little. Don't know if anything else was done.
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 232 Baller
    Unless I missed the subliminal advertising, other than Horton titling this thread 'The all-new 2014 Carbon Pro' it doesn't really say 'all new' anywhere.

I don't know what's making me drool more... the beautiful white/blue boat or Sunset Ski Ranch. :-)
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • tfriesstfriess Posts: 401 Baller
    I actually know, well not personally "know" the producers of this film..did a little segment for my show ski team. They do good work glad to see they are getting some attention from some big companies.
    Can I just ski 24/7?
    @mwetskier Wouldn't that be nice and I agree. Well actually Goode really owns the clips since they paid me to do the video for them. Perhaps since Nick Parsons is a CP team skier he may have allowed them to use the clips.
    Russell W. -
  • ZmanZman Posts: 987 Crazy Baller
    @LakeOneSkier Fly down in the morning, it is gonna hit 80F tomorrow.
    Blood type IPA
    ctsmith
  • waterskigirlwaterskigirl Posts: 140 Water Ski Industry Professional
    So excited, that they used so much of the footage shot at our place, (SkiSunsetRanch) by a crew specifically looking to make the 2014 Carbon Pro ads. But you gotta love how beautiful the lake looked that day(nothing like free vid) this is the first time we have seen any of the footage that was our 2014 boat too(sold now)! Ok, I know... I'm bias...LOL!!!! Thinking of going with that color again this season, it looks sooo good on the water, thoughts?
  • countymountiecountymountie Posts: 119 Baller
    edited December 2013
    I like some of the features of the boat (seadek instead of carpet); however, the porpoise nose looks like butt.
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    Did the vid get pulled? Can't get it to display in Safari, iPhone or Chrome
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,914 Mega Baller
    @Chuck_Dickey it's a vimeo video. It should play in chrome and Safari. Though iOS is hit or miss usually with it. @Horton
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,119 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @shaneh, I did get the blue metal flake. It's gorgeous
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • ZmanZman Posts: 987 Crazy Baller
    @MattP Video above does not play on Android tablet. The CP video on BOS home page does play.
    What's the difference?
    Blood type IPA
    the front page and the forum are totally different platforms & technologies

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

E_T
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,942 Mega Baller
    did they improve the feel/engagement of the throttle/shifter ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,751
    @waterskigirl, your place looks amazing! What is your water temperature right now?

FYI, A good portion of the video was also shot at Goode ski lake in Ogden Utah.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    edited December 2013
    @richarddoane
    I believe they have a new fly by wire transmission thingie

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• estromestrom Posts: 508 Baller
    That white/blue combo with the 'SS' stripes makes for a gorgeous boat.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 515 Solid Baller
    They were testing a new rudder. One of the boats had the new rudder at Nationals and they were made to replace it with the original rudder as tested before being able to use it at Nationals
    rodecon