New unreleased D3

ballsohardballsohard Posts: 195 Baller
Saw that Sean Hunter teased an upcoming D3 ski. Does anyone know anything about it?
Zman

Comments

• skibrainskibrain Posts: 48 Baller
    Photo on D3skis.com says NRG on the bottom.
    Matches his gloves.

Zmanballsohard
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 195 Baller
    It supposedly an improved version of the NRG. It's supposed to be very similar except for being smoother and less snappy.
  • MarkTimmMarkTimm Posts: 90 Baller
    NRG with a new flex pattern.
    Mark Timm
    ballsohardBill22
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 243 Baller
    I wish D3 made a 69" ski for bigger skiers. I would like to try them out
    Mick04
  • SkidSkid Posts: 56 Baller
    @ballsohard keep an eye out for a description of that ski on the D3 website. The guys are currently writing it. Can't say when it will be done, but it is in the works. I will say that the new graphics look sick and Sean was ripping on it when we shot those images.

@epnault that's a topic that to my knowledge has been tossed around. Maybe dropping the 64'' and adding a 69'' would work. I don't know. I'm not the guy making those decisions.
    Don't Click Here
    Mick04ballsohard
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,096 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    On the 69”, the math is simple. It costs circa $5-10k to set up the tools, maybe more these days. When you look at a low number of sales for the 68” and even lower for 69” it just doesn’t work out. You might think these markets are huge but if D3 had a 69” they may not sell 10 of them.
    ski4xtc
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 480 Crazy Baller
    @epnault
    I’m a big guy skiing at 34 into 32 off.
    The 68 EVO is plenty big for me and is incredibly fast.
    Throw a whisper fin on it and it’s lightning fast.
    You should give one a try.
    BG1Drago
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 480 Crazy Baller
    New NRG is up on the d3skis website.
    ballsohardHortonjayski
    I get the low volume thing for sure. In ski season I am between 210-215. I am 6’1 and in great shape but the fact is guys like me are the outlier for slalom skiing products for sure.

@mbabiash I might demo that one this year. I ski at 34mph to and can sometime get past 28off. Everyone has always told me I need to ski 69. We will see.
    bishop8950
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,839 Mega Baller
    @epnault at 34 mph and 210 I find a 68” ski has plenty of support. At 230 I found a 68” D3 a little small bot not at 220 and under.
    Mark Shaffer
    Thanks for the feedback @Chef23